Friday, October 27, 2006

TGIF

Have you carved your pumpkin yet? Of course you have all ready brought yours home by now and are no doubt just trying to narrow down your design choices. I am here to help. Go HERE and experiment with your designs to your little hearts desire. It has two settings “free hand” and “straight edge”. Both will give you results that are startling close to what you would get free handing it on your own pumpkin. The site gives you the chance to experiment with your ideas before you have to take a knife in hand. I’m been practicing a lot. I think I’ll just print out the design that works the best and tape it to the front of my pumpkin. I suck as a pumpkin carver and my jack-o’-lanterns always turn out looking like I lent the knife to a toddler, pointed him in the right direction and then left the room.

But. Yay! Halloween! The gateway to the holiday season. Like it or not.

The office is all ready swimming in Halloween candy. I decided that I’m not going to hand out candy this year again. I have been handing out coupons for Wendy’s milkshakes, but I’m over that and I end up with a lot of coupons I can’t use because as it turns out that Wendy’s milkshakes kind of suck and the kiddy size that the coupons are for, are just a pain in the ass. So. What to give out? I don’t want to hand out candy because I never end up with that many trick or treaters and so I have candy to eat and that is a bad thing and if I buy candy I won’t eat, yes, it exists a candy I won’t eat, I end up having to throw the left overs away and that just seems wasteful. I came up with a better idea:



Not only not candy! But almost good for you, almost because it does come pre-buttered with some sort of likely petroleum based butter flavored popcorn topping. The box I picked up at Sam’s Club has 40 single serve bags and there is no way I’m going to get 40 kids at my door. In preparation, I have been sampling the popcorn prior to Halloween… I wouldn’t want to dump bad popcorn on the kids! That would be wrong.

I suggest the little bags though. They are exactly the right size for one person sitting down to eat popcorn and because there isn’t much of it, you finish it quickly and it stays hot till the end. It’s really good.

Speaking of Halloween. I have plans!, well, not for the day itself. It’s a school night, but this weekend, Attention Local Raleigh Readers!! - Saturday, The Village People are coming to Raleigh for a free* (provided it doesn’t rain, if it’s a rain out its going to be held inside and then there is a charge) concert!

The real live Village People! are playing! In person! I’m giddy and I’m not even an actual fan. But they are going to be here and I am going to see them! Anyway. I’m going to dress up and go, disounts for those in costume! I’m going to be Little Red Riding Hood.



A quick GIS educated me to more modern costuming for the prospective adult ‘Hood


Yeah. Not really me. I need something between Little Red child 'hood and Little Red Riding 'Ho. I’m going to be old fashioned. I’m going for a more theatrical version of Little Red… it’s all about achieving vermisilitude. I may dress Dogger up as The Wolf. For more info about The Village People and the whole to-do - Monsterbash

No comments: