Wednesday, October 4, 2006

Time Changes Everything

9:30 rolled around again yesterday morning and I had to make a decision about lunch. I decided I would go home.

Me - You want to go where?
Myself – Home.
Me – First to McDonald’s right?
Myself – No, there are leftovers to eat. We don’t have to go to McDonald's.
Me –In our house? Leftovers?
Myself – Remember? In the refrigerator?
Me – Does the refrigerator even work? I mean, I don’t think the cereal feels very refrigerated when I pull it out. I mean the cardboard is not chilled.
Myself – You know, most people don’t use their refrigerators as an extension of their pantries. It’s fine. The coke cans are cold enough? Yes?
Me – Yeah. Are you sure about the food?
Myself – Yes, there is actual food in the house. Real food too. Not just cereal or Ramen. Actual food that requires actual refrigeration and that does not come wrapped in a paper or with a toy.
Me – Wow. No toy, huh? I don’t know. I’m kind of used to getting a toy with lunch.

So I went home. It was nice. I visited with Dogger and Kitty and for the first time in weeks, I felt comfortable freeing Dogger from her crate and leaving her to wander around her room. I am really hoping when I get back that I didn’t make a huge mistake judging her unmedicated bladder. I mean, I just got the smell out from the last time I misjudged her bladder capacity.

Speaking of misjudgment and a very bad smell .

July 27 -At a White House Rose Garden ceremony on July 27, President Bush hailed Foley and some other House and Senate lawmakers as members of a "SWAT team for kids." Washington Post

October 3, STOCKTON, California (CNN) -- President Bush said on Tuesday he was "disgusted" by the revelations involving former Rep. Mark Foley.” I was dismayed and shocked to learn about Congressman Foley's unacceptable behavior," he said, adding that he was "disappointed." CNN.com

Did you know that Foley was also the Co-chairman of the Missing and Exploited Children Caucus? The Republican culture of corruption was so overwhelming that they out a fox in charge of the hen house. Foley was the same guy who a few years ago tried to get a Florida Nudist camp shut down because some of the nude people were nude children, and Foley fretted that outsiders that outsiders might see a glimpse of a nude eight year old and lose their minds.

Mr. Foley is rumored to be homosexual. The Florida papers had the copies of the emails but chose not to run with them because they didn’t want to be seen as “gay bashing”. He's not gay, he's a pedophile! We hate pedophiles! Straight people hate pedophiles, Gay people hate pedophiles all gawds creatures hate pedophiles! Ruining the career of a pedophile is nothing to be ashamed of. Ruin away I say. FUAX news also used this as their excuse for not bringing the story to light. The Republican noise machine didn't run with the story because they didn't want to ruin the man’s career just because he was a pedophile. Would they have been less sensitive if he was IMing teenage girls instead?

Question, why is the sanctity of a teen girl more worthy of protection than that of a teen boy? Does a penis make you less deserving of protection? Is it less scaring to a boy when when he gets molested? should we be less repulsived?

And our old not friend The Drudge Report. Drudge Report circa Lewinsky. Drudge Report circa Foley.

What a difference a new decade makes. He felt all kinds of sorry for poor, sad, little, 23 year old Monica, but a decade later he thinks 16-18 year old boys are just egger oners and the poor yiddle adult was just really a helpless victim.

Matt Drudge is an ass wipe.

Edited to add: Former Rep. Mark Foley was molested as a teenager between the ages of 13 and 15 by a clergyman, his lawyer says.

Spare me.

No comments: