Thursday, January 11, 2007

Cut Off

I got a call from the roofer. I'm having my roof "done". I now have a roof "man". My roof and I are about the same age and it was time for one of us under go an extreme make over. Oddly, whathisname the TV carpenter from Tear Down my Tear Down was not interested in the job.

Well, it turns out that one of the roof mans' men exhaled near my satellite dish and now it's locked into "search" mode and I can not watch TV. It turns out if my baby satellite dish can't see it's Mommy... Well. Mama could care less but if baby can't see Mama I can't see my regularly scheduled TV.

This is a problem.

I thought all it would take was a quick unplug/plug thing. It has worked before.

No. It's not the same as when it is raining. Baby Dish was really unhappy and I had to do "something" about it. Something. Did you know the very fancy four color, 20 page pamphlet I had lovingly saved all these years because it looked important and I thought it was relevant? It was about the remote. And included no phone number.

Further digging reveled my original receipt. Again, no phone number. I have TV issues. This was not a good moment. Finally, finally, under three years of Christmas cards, was the magic ticket! Something, finally, with the number. You would think after three years of membership I would have raked up an impressive amount of mail from them.

So I called. I know it looks really cute for your advertisements to have your phone number be something like 1-800-Spell Out, and I know how cute cute is... But. If you have to call, to dial 1-800-Spell Out, it requires way too much thought. If I am calling about maintenance issues, I have issues! Damn it! and I don't want to have to spell things! It would have been easier to go to the bathroom, turn off the lights, face the mirror and repeat DISH TV three times until I summoned Tech support. I didn't want to think, I wanted help. Or tech support, whatever.

According to the techish person who answered the phone, I have never had a maintenance issue. She seemed shocked and a leetle hurt. Had I known I was hurting their little corporate feelings I would have had the house re-roofed years ago. I've never had any problems with my service that I felt required a visit, likely because a visit from one of their repairmen runs $70! Long story longer. The repair guy will be here Saturday. This is Wednesday going into Thursday and lets keep Friday in mind.

No comments: