Monday, January 29, 2007

Q - What is the difference between Vietnam and Iraq?
A - Bush had a plan to get out of Vietnam.


I went. I saw. I protested - not so much I got arrested though. I have a friend who told me if I go to a protest and I don’t get arrested,it meant that I didn’t protest hard enough. I’m into a less strident form of protest. I walk around, I'll chant if its catchy... I'm not there to wind up in some RNC gulag. I have a schedule to keep, you know?

I did talk to a guy who served 16 months for protesting but he protested at the School of The Americas and a few months later he punched an ICBM in the face. The courts were nice enough to let him serve his time con-currently. I think the lesson is to never inflict corporal punishment on government property and never trespass against the CIA. They aren’t as faith based as the rest of the government.

I saw some girls trying to get arrested but I didn’t know that’s what they were doing. I thought they were trying to be in the way ”Hey! Hey! Sit down! Sit down here! Hey!, stop! Come Here! Sit Down!. It was at the tail end of the march and by that time I really could care less about further protest, much less helping Cindy Coed get her protest on.

Later, I learned that the cops came. Lot’s of cops. Cops on bikes, Cops in cars, Cops on horses. They hadn’t had much to do for most of the day aside from offering bad directions and glowering .

Okay, you know how most buildings in Washington look pretty much a like, nice, safe Federal style buildings. Not fancy but servicable.

Then, I saw this:


Gawd. If it doesn’t look like the ugliest building on the planet it is because it’s ugliness was too much for my camera. It might not look all that ugly if it was located with the other pueblos, but it just looks like ass in his actual setting.

Okay, here are the pictures. It’s a edited version of the 148 I actually took. I forgot about how the site posts the pictures and so the first pictures were taken at the end of the march, tne last pictures from the start of the march.

No comments: