Thursday, February 8, 2007

Train of thought

A chip here and chip there, every one of them an opportunity to begin picking, picking, picking at my nail polish. It was lovely but now it’s time for it to go.

I felt bad even thinking about removing the polish while my nails were still flawless. Now? a few days in flaws are staring to show up and I am less precious about removing the polish - one flake at a time if that's what it takes. The last time I did this the polish came off in sheets. Spekaing of polish, how does polish end up scratched? I hadn’t even done anything to them yet and there are these little lines, they almost look like stretch marks? Do nails get stretch marks? Do nails lose weight suddenly? Are my nails doing trim spa and not sharing with me? What does it all mean? Are my nails sending me messages? Can they breathe under there? Did that highly flammable stuff they sprayed on them to make them dry faster, make them ill? I could imagine. I think an alternate use for the nail spray would be as a jet fuel . McGuyver would love it.

As pretty as most of my nails still are, I am starting to get the same sensation I do when I have dried glue on my hands. Am I the only one with that issue? Other people can get down right rhapsodic about the joys of popping bubble wrap – fun, I’ll admit but not as good as picking at glue.

Another car jumps the tracks

The mail guy at work was late today. It makes up for yesterday when he was early. And he didn’t even hang around to let us catch up; he hurried out just like he does when he arrives on time. Today I hurried to get everything ready to go early and he showed up late. I liked it better when he had a set schedule.

The new file manager is making copies. Did you know that there is more than one way to make copies? I had no idea. I did it the right way and she is doing it in a completely different way. It’s taking a great deal of self control to not get up and show her the “right” way to do it. I’m sure we’re getting the same results, maybe. I wasn’t much for chaos when I was making copies. Different strokes I guess. I just prefer having my copies in neat stacks and the originals back in the order I found them. I’m just wacky that way .

Watch out!

I finally bathed Dogger last night. She was really wretched. She was so stinky she all but jumped into the tub and soaped herself up. It’s really sad when you walk into a room and your first thought is Wow. Did I track something in. I didn’t track anything in, I lead it in on a leash and now it was standing there wagging its tailette and wanting to get up on the furniture.

It was time for a bath and she knew it. I should have guessed the way she was going though deodorant. After I finished with her hair, I thought about using my conditioner but she didn’t seem to be feeling it. I thought she would like smelling like a tropical bouquet. She did not. She was like ”I’ll stand here through the baby shampoo and I can understand the flea stuff but I draw the line at you putting “product” on my fur. Paris Hilton you are not and I do not fit in your purse. Tick tock babe, I'm losing patience fast.”.

Since she didn't want the finishing rinse, we were almost done. She could get out of the bath but I had to get her toweled off and then I had to dig out my hair drier and blow dry her coat, what you don't blow dry your dog after it's bath? and after that the weekly brushing of her teeth.

I’m pretty sure I spend more time on her beauty regime then my own.

No comments: