Friday, February 23, 2007

Umm, yeah

I was planning to dazzle ya'll with an incredibly prescient Oscar(tm) forecast. And I will, over the weekend. Yes, I know, the shock the awe the new content over the weekend!! . Take a breath, it'll be all right.

My plan for the evening was fairly ambitious but not outside the realm of the possible, I was supposed to do the blog thing and then make dog cookies for Dogger. I was pumped.

But then, then I came home from work and passed by the kitchen phone and noticed I had a message . "That must be the Democrats again reminding me of that meeting on the 22nd at 7pm". Gawd! like I would forget about it after all the phone calls!" And then it struck me: it was the 22nd and I had totally forgoten about it.

I rushed Dogger through the park - We usually close the place, other people were looking at me leaving and they were like "Wait, you're leaving? You never leave! It's still light what are you thinking!? WTF?" and I'm all "I know!".
And so I went home and fed Dogger and changed clothes and and drove to the meeting place and - was the first one there. My precinct failed to reach quorum. Again. We needed five people and we got three, our soon to be former precinct chair didn't even show up. We have to have a make up meeting in a couple of weeks. It's going to be me, the two gay guys and their friends the urban pioneers.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Tell me the names of the other guys that show up sometime? We had a friend in our Spanish class that would fit the description well. Although it would be far too small world for you to have met the same person.

-Bro.