Thursday, February 22, 2007

Happy Lent ya’ll!!

You might have noticed a sudden influx of fish themed ads, Arby’s has introduced a fish sandwich, the Grotens fisherman is making appearances in prime time and I’ve noticed Burger Yucky wants me to buy two of their fish sandwiches for the price of one.

I feel so loved. It's good to be a targeted demographic.

I had never thought about Arbys as a seafood place, but things change. But you know what they say about change I would bet that things will be back to the same old same old by April 9, and that fish sandwich will swim right back to where it came from and we'll never her from it again until next Lent - you know that is why they trot these fish things out? It's about Lent and fish eating Catholics. Sure, some non-Catholics are being more papist these days, but it's all about Catholics and Lent and our Lenten dietary issues.

I have enjoyed the Grotens ad with the giant shrimp though, but I would bet that by April 9 those ads will be gone too.

The Priest read the gospel that mentions that while one is fasting one should dress well and wash your face and not let on publicly that you are being Pius, and yet the very next thing, we are lining for ashes. Hardly low key. The forhead is such a private and hidden place on our bodies. The inference is that we should take them off as soon as possible, If so, why do we have them on at all? It was a mini-mass, so the Father - who forgot his notes, didn't have time to get into it. The Bishop said the full-length Mass next door, I assume he explained it more fully. Or not. We're Catholics, we don't ask many questions.

Dogger was bathed last night. It was very special for the both of us. I didn’t wind up remembering to wear something dog-bath centric for her walk, but I think I set my sights too high on that aspect of my plan and I also didn’t strip her bedding as I walked in the door, I would but she was still using it. I dreamed too big.

After I finished washing her fur, I conditioned it. I couldn't help it! at the park there are so many dogs to pet, I wanted her to stand out. I could tell right a way that her coat was more shiny and manageable!

I was pretty close to my post-bath plan, I was able to get all her laundry washed and dried and folded and returned to the closet! Not a single towel spent the night in the dryer, not one bit of dog bedding got moldy in the washer! I was very proud of me. I had the whole operation taken care of by 8:30. I was able to watch a very good, brand new Law and Order-Ci! entirely guilt free. My dog was clean and the house evem smelled better, I hadn't realized Dogger made such an environmental impact.

What else?

Netflix delivered two movies to me despite that according to their own site I wouldn’t be getting them until 2/22! and so I had a whole extra night to not watch them. It was very empowering. I might reward them by watching one of them this evening because there isn’t anything on and I all ready washed the dog. Between ’Murrican Idiot and college basketball, my TV watching time is being seriously eroded. It’s so not right! I don’t even watch Idiot and I come from a culture that does not recognize sports played indoors. I would hope in the future or by at least next summer, that satilight TV would give you the option to watch either the regularly scheduled programming (CSI-Tulsa) or whatever they are replacing it with, say for arguments sake, a pointless and stupid college basketball game played by teams you don’t care about. I think that if they can let you pause “live” TV they should give you the choice of watching what you want to watch instead of whatever drek they think some mythical 14 year old boy wants to watch. I think this is do-able

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was just talking to Alpha about all the new adds for the new great fish sandwich phenom we'd be seeing this week. While I still love Capt. D's and LJS, I plan to stay away from fish served by burger joints.

Fry it up, serve it with "chips," but it doesn't need a bun.

-Brosky

Anonymous said...

The fastfoodfishsandwiches are good, buttheyfrythemonthesamegrilltheyfryeverythingelseon!
auntiesusan

Anonymous said...

Hey, what's all this dissing of 'Murican Idle?? It is fascinating! Sorta like the fascination of watching Robert Tilton, only LOADS more fun!

Eduth

Anonymous said...

You know, I've not noticed extra fish ads, but I'll probably be looking for for that one now.

And I don't envy you to the dog washing. I have to do that once a week, to two dogs who both hate baths. I have probably the only labrador in the world who is afraid of water.

Meanwhile, I just surfed in via the Shitty Blogs Club blogroll. We're trying to get some of the members t=of the SBC to come chat in the forums. Plus we need players for Shitty Blogs Survivor.

Wanna come play?