Monday, March 5, 2007

Things

There are all these things that I haven’t been able to talk about since the affaire de Dogger! I haven’t told you about getting a new light cover for my ceiling fan in the kitchen! Last week I saw that Home Depot was having as lighten sale and I thought that this might be a good time to deal with the awful kitchen light. It’s attached at a not really all that awful ceiling fan and if ceiling fans were also on sale, well, more the better.

So, off I went. I was more or less trying to kill time before the Oscars (tm) - yes, that was only a week ago! I was shocked too. It seems like it was a lot longer ago than that. It was also the night that Dogger took sick.

But that was hours later. I don’t think that the new light thing being in the house had anything to do with it. I wonder if I should have mentioned that to the vet? Okay, anyway. I went to Home Depot late in the day so all the really good lights were all ready gone and as it turned out, most of the really nice ceiling fans to. But that was all right because I really wasn’t in the ceiling fan market anyway - but I looked at them anyway because they were pretty, but then I started noticing how big most tif not all of them are. On Alphagals suggestion, I measure mine before I left for the store and as it turns out, I have dwarf ceiling fans! They are totally the Little People of the ceiling fan world. I was looking at the other fans and thinking These would literally take up the entire ceiling as well as most likely chopping my head off and possibly interfering with the refrigerator! My Gawd, who are these meant for? And what kind of monstrous domicile are they built for? Does Biltmore have such an appetite for ceiling fans that an entire industry is sprung up for them? Do they hand them out as door prizes? Wait, does Biltmore use Home Depot? I thought they were Lowes?

Some of them were just huge. I thought that maybe they were really windmills in disguise, to get them past those people in the Berkshires or where ever that bitched about the wind farms. I bet they wouldn’t bitch about a wind farm made up of massive craftsman style ceiling fans.

I decided I wasn’t going to walk away with a new ceiling fan. Also? They were very expensive. “Nationwide Clearance” my ass. The only thing they appeard cleared off was the stuff they actually marked down for real. I’m sorry but “Was $350 now $265!” says to me “Was wildly expensive, Now just really damned expensive!”.

So I made my self think - What about the kitchen ceiling fan really bothers me? What about it makes me want a new one?”



Ah ha.

The fan itself is not a problem, especially in light of the replacement costs. What I really hate is the globe thing. I mean, I really, really hate it. It looks like a giant boob or a great big eye ball or suspicious growth. In short, it needed to go.

And away it went!



And I can hear you saying "That's not much of change", trust me, it's a big change. And while I was going through the bins, I turned around and found the very last on sale ceiling fan in the store! I don’t need a new ceiling fan, I have no where to put a new ceiling fan but for $19.00, I got a new ceiling fan! It's a Little Person fan, just like the ones I have now. It even comes with a light like my other fans. So score!

Back to Dogger.

Here is Dogger on Saturday




...and here is Dogger on Sunday



I think she’s coming right along. On Saturday she pretty much slept 23 hours, but by Sunday she only slept for 22 hours!. Her goal for Monday is to not fall asleep in her food bowl.

1 comment:

Cat said...

I hate globe lights, too. Your brother has never understood my venemous hatred of globe lights. The new light is a big improvement. Go you! and Go dogger!