Thursday, March 29, 2007

Wednesday

Okay, Monday it was freezing in the office. We all complained all day about how cold we were. I hated the entire world.

Wednesday it was hot. Very hot. There are only so many layers of clothing one can take off and not end up the pre-curser of a hastily assembled sexual harassment seminar.

Even with the vast temperature fluctuations I have not yet been able to develop a good workers comp level case of pneumonia! I hate being thwarted. You would think that TPTB would care that the fluctuations in temperature are bad for the computers -we know they could care less about us, but gawd, someone think of the computers!

According the NWS it should be only in the 50s Thursday, it is also supposed to rain. We’ll see. Dogger and I had a very good time at the dog park last night broken up early by thunder - it never rained. There was a perfectly good tiny dog to admire as well as a monster Great Dane to stare at. Occasionally the Dane would wander past where the tiny dog was and just look at it. You could see him thinking My God! What happened to you? Where is the rest of you? My chew toys weigh more than you! My ears weigh more than you!. The tiny dog for her part pretended she was in a nice glass menagerie or some heiresses purse far away from four footed aircraft carriers.

Little dogs can dream but I still have work to do.

I just tried to get into the system we have to use to order office supplies. I of course, can not remember my password or log in. I remembered the last time, oh, weeks ago, but now I am at a loss. It would be so much easier if I didn’t have to know how to do this. I took down my how to manual but it was less then helpful, taking into account that any problem I would have would happen after I successfully logged myself in. They also take for granted that I bothered to right down the password and whatever user name I was assigned. How could they be so thoughtless?

I managed to lock myself out of the system. Terrific. I call the number the manual provides and they tell me they can’t help me and that I should contact my “security coordinators” and do I know who my security coordinators are? Oh course not.

Why is it when they make the move to streamline things they are never streamy or linn-ie? They always create a half a dozen hoops that must be jumped through or over just to do something as simple as ordering 3x5 cards. It shouldn’t be a big issue.

Let see Monday it was an ice box in here and Wednesday it’s an inferno. My knees are sweating.

I have perfectly good candy sitting here that I can not eat because it’s turning into hot chocolate and it’s too hot for hot chocolate and I would put it in the freezer but I know better then to leave candy unguarded and people around here treat any food stuff left unattended as communal property. You could mark something PROPERTY OF ME! MY PROPERTY DO NOT EAT and all they would see was the EAT part.

I keep trying to get back into the office supply ordering program but it is sulking because I forgot to remember my password and username and now it thinks I don’t care about it.

Still locked out and the “security co-coordinator” hasn’t gotten back to me. I’m feeling insecure now; perhaps I’ll go pout with the program.

No comments: