Friday, April 13, 2007

Blah

Well, that was disheartening. Tonight was Dogger and my first day back at the park since the squishing incident, first we went out of town and then it was ugly so we haven’t been back in about a week. More than a week.

I had been hoping for two things to happen 1) Dogger would have forgotten about the run in with Drama Dog and 2) That Drama Dog wouldn’t be there.

I didn’t get anything I wanted. I thought if maybe we went a little earlier then we have been, in hopes that maybe Drama Dog’s people would show up later - They were there when we got there. I let Dogger go when we walked in the gate and she ran straight for Drama Dog - (it is important to note that Dogger was trying to play with Drama Dog, not actually do any doggy violence to her. Drama Dog is just really high strung)

I heard someone snarl, I’m not pointing fingers, but it was a high pitched snarl and Dogger has a very deep snarl . If anyone was at fault here, it was not Dogger- but Dogger does have very little patients for other dogs talking smack to her - Drama’s doggy daddy pulled Dogger away and Dogger and ran back to me. As a result, Dogger and I spent more time sitting together at the park then we do normally, or at least then we have in months. It took me forever to get her to leave my side at the park and tonight, I wouldn’t let her leave. It was very sad.

All the dogs looked like they were having the night of their lives. It was like dog park nirvana, it was like a montage, except there was no music or camera’s or the cast from House. Drama Dog had a great night running and playing with the smaller dogs, cavorting, climbing the wood chip mountain. Dogger and I sat there and silently hated on Drama Dog.

Other dog people would occasionally sidle up and ask if Dogger was in “time out”. I would mention that Dogger had tried to eat Drama Dog and now she needed to chill a little. I didn’t mention she tried to eat Drama Dog last week.

I kept hanging on hoping that Drama Dogs people would decide they had been there for a really long time and that they would go home. Nah. It was a beautiful outside and they like everyone else was enjoying the lovely weather and light breeze. Dogger wasn’t enjoying the breeze at all, she hates the wind, but she was happy to be at the park - if dogs find happiness watching the other dogs have fun!

But I kept hoping. I would look over where they were every once in a while because it looked like they were getting ready to leave , but nah. They were just getting up to throw a ball for Drama or Drama’s sister dog, Sensible Dog. Sigh.

I finally decided I had enough of the pain and we left. Drama Dog’s Mom came over and said seeing Dogger sitting there was “breaking her heart”. I told her it broke mine too.

Dogger and I went home and watched TV in the dark and felt sorry for ourselves.

No comments: