Thursday, April 12, 2007

Learning is good

I learned something today. I learned that even if the redneck at the lawn mower repair place hefts your lawn mower around like so much laundry - ion real life, there ain’t that much laundry in the world. Just because it looks light weight when he’s dealing with it, it does not mean it is going to be light weight when you are dealing with it. He hefts lawn mowers for a living while I heft sometimes, three or four faxes at a time.

I also learned that if drop only part of a lawn mower on your foot, that it s hurts, A lot. But before that, I learned that if you leave your lawn mower in the back of your car for a few hours with all your windows closed , you end up with a car that smells like the inside of a gas tank. It’s not nice.

I did come away from the experience knowing that the lawn mower isn’t so heavy that I can not move it from point A to point B and that in the future if should I drop part of a lawn mower on my foot again, that I can be trusted not to scream obscenities when I do so. When I dropped part of the lawn mower on my foot this time I hopped around a little but I didn’t say a word. I was very proud of me. I am also very proud of my foot. It’s bruised but not broken. Go me. I also learned that both my lawn mowers fit quite nicely into the shed and that if need be, a full sized lawn mower folds up like a paper bag - should the lawn mower ever need to evacuate or something. I hadn’t thought about that before, if I did have to leave, would Mr. Lawn Mower go with me? I think if it was between Mr. Lawn Mower or Ms. TV set, that Mr. Lawn Mower would get fitted with water wings. I should think about these things, hurricane season is nie and they are threatening us with a bad one. But, they threatened us with a bad one last year and we ended up with a drought.

Dogger is laying at my feet looking very sad. It was gray and over cast and nasty all day and I don’t think she ever really woke up and so now it;’s dark again and she’s just flomped there. She’s depressed because it was warm and pretty and sunny and she was at the park every day and now its all cold and nasty and she had to go for a walk in the drizzle and she hates drizzle. I think for Dogger the perfect world would be located in Arizona.

Another thing I learned, it is not a good idea to put a post-Easter box of chocolates in the refrigerator. Nougat does not really need to be chilled. I should have found somewhere else to hid the box from The Kitty.

A box I do not need to hide from the Kitty is my brand new Hamilton Beach 5 qt. Slow Cooker! It is most awesome and even better it was free and all I had to do was spend years answering dozens of polls for Harris Poll Online! It was 4000 points, but I think it was worth it and I still have about 5000 points to play with. I haven’t “spent” any of my points in years and they were really burning a hole in my cyber pocket. I almost bought a slow cooker at the store one day, but that would have cost me real money and it wasn’t as nice as this one either. It has a “removable stone wear insert and glass lid”! And it came with a plastic thingy to keep the lid from slipping off in transit. Its very fancy. I went right out and got a couple of bag-o-slow cooker-food things too. I haven’t made anything in it yet, because I’m waiting to be able to watch it cook for eight hours before I leave it on it’s own.

Yay! I just checked my foot again and its not hardly as purple as I thought it would be!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You went out and bought STOREBOUGHT STUFF TO PUT IN A CROCKPOT????? You can't cut up a couple of potatoes? & carrots? & put them in with a couple of pieces of chicken? without BUYING THEM READYMADE??? Aaaargh! why not just buy a TV dinner??

Unknown said...

Because TV dinners do not take 8 hours to make. And they don't smell good.