Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Title

I got a phone call from the Red Cross.

RC - We need you to donate blood.

Me - We all have needs.



I was still mad at them! Them and their bull shit sexist blood count levels. They pissed me off and I wasn't speaking to them

RC- ... free t-shirts!

Me - When do you need me to come in?



I'm easy, what can I say. Dangle a tee shirt in front of me and I'll go to war for you.

So, we made a date. Not too soon, so that I could pump some iron, and not so far in the future that I could psych myself out about failing before I had a chance to fail.

I came home from work and scarfed down a TV fish dinner, sucked down a bit more than the RDA of my iron pills - which I had been planning on starting to take since I got off the phone with the scheduler, but hadn't. Oops. Better late then never.

Dogger was very annoyed when I left. She knows a not-going-to-the-park-day when she sees one and she was pissed. Yesterday, we had-a-go-to-the-park-day, but she got in to a scuffle with another dog and we had to leave early. Nobody was hurt but the other dog indulged in some crocodile yelping when all Dogger did to her was sit on her - the other dog carried on like Dogger was eating her liver with a nice Chianti! I think (Sotto voice) someone isn't getting enough attention at home -total drama queen! I mean, I hope the other dog was all right but really, don't play in the big dog park if you aren't ready to play with the big dogs.

Anyway.

I rushed home from work and changed into something with easily rolled up sleeves. I always wear sleeves to the blood donation place because they keep it like a walk in the freezer. I'm sure the Red Cross has some very good, well thought out reasons why it has to be cold in there but it just sucks for the rest of us. I do imagine though it has something to do about keeping us conscience, maybe people who are giving to fainting faint more frequently more at higher temperatures? Who knows. I'm always uncomfortable when I'm there and blood donating makes me chilly anyway.

Anyway. I got there, rad the fourteen pages of rules and regulations and lists of drugs I can't be on and give blood, the countries I can and can not have even read about over the past few years and the kind of people I should have been avoiding if I had any thought of giving blood in the future. Short version, If you date Haitians, dated Haitians, have even heard about Haiti you hate your fellow man.

I wasn't there five minutes before they all but tackled a woman who had the bad manors to walk out of the office after the finished giving blood! The Whore! They take that 15 minute post blood letting soft drink and cookie business very seriously. They chased the woman into the parking lot! I think who ever is training the volunteers to shriek like harpies while they chase non-compliant adults into parking lots needs to 1) take a vacation and 2)a valium.

Moving on.

Blood test time! Where they separate the blood donors from the women.

Drum roll please
*
*
*
39!! Today I am a donor!!

The tee shirt rocks too.

No comments: