Wednesday, April 18, 2007

It’s a nice day for a vet visit

The Kitty had a vet’s appointment yesterday. I did not, of course share this with him. I made the appointment from work, and thought about it only on the states time. In keeping with the whole “don’t let The Kitty Know campaign” I stifled my urge to parade around the house singing Some one is going to the vet on Tuuuueeeessssdayyyyy and it is not Dooooogggggeeerrr. . It was really hard though, and The Kitty has ways of making me talk.

I also stayed as far away from his crate as I could. Kitty is very suspicious and if he see’s me spending time with the crate he knows he’s going for a ride. The gig was up when he saw me rush in the door with some urgency and I did not head directly for the bathroom. He knew something is up. He got even more suspicious when I hauled him head first into his crate and then ran out the door, and he really suspected something’s up when we walked in the door of the vets office, but I think it was getting his temp taken that really going clued him in.

I knew it wasn't going to be easy. I knew he was going to fight me on it because I stupidly made the appointment for 5pm instead of later. I tried to explain to the schedule person that it might be cutting it a little close and how smart The Kitty is, and how iof he were a person he would have a diagnosis of paranoid psychosis - but they never listen. I suppose that they have their pets trained to hop into their crates as soon as they hear the appointment being made. I would also bet that they sit down with their pets and take a team approach to the scheduling of doctors visits. I bet their cats don’t need to be sat on either.

And I am totally taking for granted that they have never had to figure out how to put a muzzle on their cats either. Cats don’t like wearing anything much less something that renders them blind and keeps them from biting. Cats are four square against bondage in any guise and nothing looks like “bondage” to a cat more than a muzzle. Damn it! it turned out the muzzle isn't enough, Friday I take him in in the morning so they can sedate him for his blood draw. @#$%^*!@#$&*)(!!!!!

We had a fire drill yesterday. Oops. Not a Drill. Very interesting. I am a hallway captain and my hallway people actually left their offices without being ordered to. This is a first. They are notorious for ignoring drills and winding up theoretically burned to death or crushed under the the walls and ceiling of their offices. I still had to go check all the offices to make sure everyone was gone, in the case of a real emergency, or had I known it was a real emergency, I would not go across the building and through the smoke and fire and leave by The Official Exit of Fire front door, not with a perfectly good door at the end of “my” hall. I really hope the building waits until after we leave to burn down because after I finished checking “my” hall, I noticed how really long my hallway is.

No comments: