Thursday, April 19, 2007

Thousands for free pens, not one pfennig for free tee-shirts

The one downside about going from the old job to the new job is that I had to leave my personal office for a bull pen office. If I get tried of the oppressive glare from the over head florescent lights I can’t just say “Boy, those fluorescents lights sure are oppressive, I think I’ll just turn them off”. I have to go with the flow, the seemingly immune from oppressive florescent glare, flow – which I don’t get, how can they not mind? The oppressive glare is all around them, oppressing them.

I wish I could. I don’t understand how everyone else doesn’t feel the same way. The over head florescent lights are really glary and very oppressive. I’m sitting here squinting from florescent glare and I am feeling oppressed, I can’t be the only one who wants to crawl under their desk. I mean, in this room, we have windows, lots and lots of windows, as many windows as I had down in my old office and in my old office I turned the over head lights off after lunch and it was no problem. In a perfect world, on a sunny day, the over head lights should be turned off as a matter of course. We all ready take turns going form door to door to door all over the building making sure they are all locked, we could take turns walking to the wall and flicking the lights off. I would volunteer to do it everyday, no problem.

In my new office, I’m going to turn the over head light off as soon as it gets light enough outside to light the space. I may not even turn the light on at all! How about those apples? If the florescent light offends thee, pluck it out.

It’s really, really bright in here.

Also, I’m hungry and I think they should be handing our ice cream sandwiches like they do when we have no A/C – Oh, wait right now, we have no A/C!, where are the ice cream sandwiches? It’s borderline warm outside. I want my ice cream.

Today was our annual “Wellness Fair”. I got some good stuff, mostly pens – in years past I think there was more stuff to be had, other than a single mouse pad, which I thought was one of those things that you use to open jars and a bunch of pens and a couple of key chains, and a 10% off coupon for Foot Locker I really don’t think I ended up with many goodies this time around. In other years I’ve made out like a bandit the combined campaign is a much better place to score good free stuff.

Health Fair Haul



Tuesday, after the vet fiasco, I took Dogger to the park. The aggressive collies were there and so were the dogs-that-hang-out-at-the-gate-and-bark-the-whole-time and they all got up in Doggers face and behaved badly and it made Dogger stressed and by the time she was calming down Drama Dog arrived and it was just not the most satisfying dog park experience. Last Friday we were there for hours and had a great time.

Dogger came home Tuesday night and was just depressed. We sat there and watched House and she was just not her usual self. I got up a few times and she didn’t even bother getting up she just stayed there sprawled on the chair and looked sad.

Looking Sad

No comments: