Friday, June 22, 2007

If you can dream it, you can do it

I walked into the office today with one goal: When the call comes, I will be ready to move . My mantra since my alarm went off was “Today is moving day. We will move Today” . I walked into the office and single mindedly boxed my up my shite. And then I unpacked my shite because it was 7:45am and I needed that shite to do my job.

But then. Then my boss announced they were moving her and her computer to the other building. Eureka!

And then, nothing, Things were looking bleak and suspiciously like a normal day. The only sign it might be a slightly out of the ordinary - Someone ordered pizza - which was kind of jumping the gun as the majority of the office isn’t scheduled to blow the pop stand until Monday, but it did shore up my mantra after I slipped and started chanting “Today Is Thursday, We will move tomorrow”.

Time past. I packed my stuff again. I pretended to work. Sigh.

And the then the phone rang.

I was to box up my computer and be ready to go!!! Do you know how many cables and wires and assorted technologies were attached to my computer? A Lot. It looked like bad 80s sci-fi under my desk and two thirds of that mess belonged to my speakers Do you know how long it took me to unplug, disconnect and box up all my assorted peripherals? fifteen seconds. Of course it took two people a half hour to replug everything once I got over to the new building but they were doing it in THE NEW BUILDING!!

The desk that I picked out several months ago now, was accidentally given away to someone else. No big loss, one 40- year- old government issue desk is very much like another 40- year- old government issue desk. The one I have now is a place holder. To make up for the gaffe, they gave me a very fabulous chair because the chair I was using was crap. The chair I’m using now is gold and it’s not even my real chair! It does stuff the chait I had been useing, stopped doing thrity years ago.

Two of the programs I use to do my job stopped working but hey, WE MOVED!!!! We achieved something they have been talking about doing every few months for the last six years!! I have a window and an office! The air smells of fresh paint and new carpet! It’s got new office smell!!

I was so happy when I went home that I took Dogger to the park early. Drama Dog comes later on in the evening. Dogger was able to play and romp and have fun and there was no drama of any kind. The cooler people hang out later, but the cooler dogs are there at five. We will be there at five. Off Leash.

No comments: