Thursday, June 21, 2007

Head 'em out

Moving Day. Or not. It depends. We shall see what happens with the group that is scheduled to move first. If they have a good move, then I move today, if their move is not smooth, then I move Friday, but regardless of when I physically leave the building my stuff has to be packed now,. I have to be ready to bounce so me and all of my stuff must be ready to go, go, go! All of it. I wanted to be able to look around my space and see only dust and broken rubber bands by this point, moving day minus one, and I'm freaking a little bit.

I thought I had packed all ready. Boy, was I wrong. I have so much stuff and every time I fill a box, the box that seems like the last box - No, no it isn’t, I have more crap that needs to be boxed up. And boxes, they don’t grow on trees, I bet you didn’t know that. They don’t, so I have to go find a box and then there is the whole tape issue - and the movers will only move four boxes in addition to the furniture, which now is down to the mat under my chair and my chair and the computer. And five or six boxes of “office supplies”. So far I have two big boxes and two smaller boxes. I might move the smaller boxes myself, so I can keep adding to the four big boxes the movers have to take.

I wish that it looked more like I had packed all the stuff I packed up. The desk drawers are all empty, all my personal stuff is long gone - and all that is good, but there is so much more stuff I need to get rid of and I’m feeling kind of overwhelmed. I’m mean, its not like we’re moving cross country, the new office is like a block away! I think if worse comes to worse I can still come by the old office on Friday and probably over the weekend to, but I would prefer to spend the weekend getting Office II put together and arranged so that on Monday I can hit the ground running. I also have to get our supply/mail-room/fax space in working order (not the same as my office, ThankyouGawd) and I think that is going to take priority over getting my chachkis where I want them and measuring for curtains and deciding what my color scheme is going to be. We can’t paint, but the walls are neutral. I am also going to need to get a screen for the door way. Screens are key when you don’t have doors. But the whole time? I will be thanking Gawd that I am not packing and unpacking the file room.

So, the next time you hear from me, it will be from a different office. I will be harvested from the cube farm and re-housed in my very own veal pen.

Oh, here is my class's Most Changed/Least Changed/Coolest Job/Furthest Away . You can assume that the guy second to the left did not win for "coolest job".

No comments: