Tuesday, June 19, 2007

I'm Baaaacccckkkk!

You know its going to be a long week when you find yourself whining about what a long week it has been and it's 11:30 Monday morning.

I'll tell you all about the reunion as soon as I have processed it. The lesson I did learn was that if you want to know what someone is going to look at 38, don't spend a lot of time studying what they looked like at 18. The only thing the two will have in common is gender and name and I will tell you that hair color isn't going to help you either if 38 year old "Joe Blow" gained 75 pounds and lost all his hair. True story - there is a guy in my class, a year younger than I am, who looks like a walking elbow. He seems like a really nice guy and I'm sure he's a wonderful person, but the man is an elbow.

Changing the subject.

My office is moving. For real, this is not a test, they are not conducting a drill. We are bugging out. I will be moved Thursday. Last Wednesday we had a 45 minute meeting solely about how to pack our computer monitors. 45 minutes, to say "put it in the box on a tilted position". Someone took pictures of the whole process so it could be shared with out co-workers who despite years of education and decades of clinical experience, can not read.

A surveyor approached me, and being way too nice just to take it, asked my permission to "borrow" my packing tape. He said he only "needed it for a second and he would bring it right back". This was around 1pm. I agreed to this as he is a very nice man and if he said he would have it right back, he would have it right back.

At 4pm, I started to wonder where my tape was. I got a call from the new file manager asking for my tape, I told her that Nice Man had it and she should ask him.

She asked him. He didn't have it anymore. He had been pimping my tape all up and down his hallway. When I confronted him about it he said he thought it was with Surveyor X - whom he had expressly told to give the tape back to me when she was finished. She didn't.

I rescued what remained of my role of packing tape and took it to the new file manager. She said she only needed two pieces and that was all she got. I had to make it clear that I am not running a tape charity, that while we may be under the same roof but not under the same cost center! I wanted to remind her of the file room credo:Your failure to plan does not constitute an emergency on my part! . Read it, live it, learn it. Make it a part of your life.

I got my tape back. I not only got my tape back, I gained an accessory:

4 comments:

Cat said...

"If they take my stapler again I'm going to burn down the building."

And so he did.

Unknown said...

We watched that on Saturday! Office Space rawks.

Cat said...

Such a good movie. The "Damn it feels good to be a gangster" scene with the printer in the field... that's fine art.

Unknown said...

And it did nothing at the box office.