Monday, June 4, 2007

Weekend

I told myself if I ever got a good rainy weekend I would do this and of course that and most certainly I would do something about those .

I scored a good rainy weekend and I didn’t do anything on my list. Sure, I did a little of this, that and the other thing but those thing weren’t on my list. Instead I went to the mall. In my defense, I did go there initially because I had a doctors appointment. I couldn’t bring myself to trust my sight to Wal-Mart. I had this vision of sitting in front of some guy in a red vest while he shines a flashlight in my eyes in between mopping up spills and helping some guy load an entertainment center into his truck. I was also a little worried about the frames they were selling. I’m not sure that I would trust $45 frames. I have to wear them everyday. I also thought the quality was a little suspect. Frames should not all ready be repaired with duct tape when they are still in the store. I cancelled my appointment.

But the mall wasn’t a total waste of time, I mean, I got my eyes checked, just a negligible change! Yay! So I was happy and kind of in a celebratory place and what better place to celebrate than at the mall? and if I wasn’t at the mall how would I have scored a Macy’s card? They don’t hand those out in Happy Meals ya know. You have to go to Macy’s to get a Macy’s card. Lowes sent me a Visa card I didn’t even ask for. I mean, how common... It was how they thanked me for not using their card for two years, honestly, when I got the letter I thought they were kidding. Macy’s would never send you an unrequested Visa.

Macy’s was a having a sale. I good sale. I mean, it would have been wasteful to not take advantage of it. So I did, and while I was standing with an armload of sale items at the register, the woman behind the counter was kind enough to share with me that if I got a card right now I could save an additional 15% on top of the pre-existing 30% sale they all ready had going she mentioned that elsewhere in the store there were even bigger sales clearance sales... this was not the time to be headstrong. There was money to be saved and you can’t save money until you spend money.

I saved a lot of money.

The good news is that I know what I’m going to wear to my reunion. This was stressing me out. So now I am less stressed and this is a good thing. I will be even less stressed when my Ebay purchasers get here. Somewhere out there in the ether is a little black dress and I will be happier when it is here and not out there all sad and alone. I want it here with me where I can keep it company - actually, I have two little black dresses out there, but only one is going with me. Sometimes you lose all your auctions and sometimes you don’t. Oops.

No comments: