Wednesday, August 8, 2007

Old, Elderly, Ancient

Do you know what is totally addictive? Pop Up Videos . Watch it through a couple of videos and try to look away. You can’t! You have to know more about the Angel is a Centerfold video! I mean, when was the last time you even thought about the J. Giles Band, much less what celebrities went to the school they used as the set for the video shoot? (e.e. cummings and the guy who played Doogie Howser's buddy on Doogie Howser, M.D). When was the last time you even heard Angel is a Centerfold? how about watched the video? years ago? and you have never thought about the video. Until you watch Pop Up Videos and then you are trapped, trapped by the trivia. If y'all have any questions about the Angel is a Centerfold video, ask away. I now hold a Angel is a Centerfold video PhD.

I also finally sat down, as I was in front of the TV anyway, and started to watch what I taped while I was away. It wasn’t much, three weeks of Rescue Me and three weeks of Monk. I didn’t take in to account at the time though, just how many hours that would be. It turns out that it is a lot a lot more than say your standard six hour video tape can handle. I really needed to go on vacation. I would also like to point out that one show is on FX and one show is on USA. There aren’t any other networks involved. And I cleared out all the shows I had set to tape. So, why is most of my tape taken up with some insipid dance show on FOX? Rupert Murdoch. violated my VCR..

Dogger and I went back to the dog park last night and nobody was there. Of course we were there at 5:00pm instead of the more popular and cooler later hours. I hate Drama Dog. I can’t wait for The Season to start up again and for Drama Dogs people too busy hefting and toting and crewing shows to spend much or any time at the park. I wish them a very profitable theatre season, because pretty soon the only time to be at the park is going to be from five to five-fifteen and I don’t want to have to stress about whether or not Drama and Dogger are going to tear each others throats out in the few minutes of leash-less freedom they have.

I’m still thinking about Pop Up Videos. Did y'all know that VH1 is still on? I had no idea. In fact I was watching VH1- Classics, but isn’t “classics” kind of what VH1 did anyway? I watched a Men at Work video I hadn’t thought about since it came out, in 1983!. I was shocked to realize that I actually remembered what the album cover looked like because I remembered that freshmen year of High School, Merrill Ashley won a copy of it for being rilly spirited or showing up every day or whatever and the teacher made him hold it up for the class to see. I think we were in English together, or history. I am old, very, very old.

No comments: