Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Ears

My plan at lunch today was :

1.Go to Sam’s and feed Minnie
2.Go to Subway and feed me.

I also kind of thought about maybe stopping by the house to check up on Dogger but I thought better of that because I almost never go home for lunch except for when Dogger is really sick and I didn’t want either of us to get the idea she was really sick.

It was a good idea, but I really did want to go make sure she was all right. Who knows what else could have swollen up? I wanted to be strong though. I didn’t want to go home. Which was good because I never been able to do Gas/Food/Home the way it turned out. I left work and went to Sam’s, one exit from where I work. There was no traffic and I made good time. I pulled up to a lovely, empty, bay and got ready to fill the tank. I pulled out a card and got ready to put more money in Shrubs pocket. But then. But then I remembered that if you are buying Sam’s gas you have to flash Sam’s card. I didn’t have my Sam’s card . I changed course and went across the street.

$2.64 a gallon! I didn’t even check what Sam’s was charging. Of course across the street there were lines. I pulled around looking for an empty pump and didn’t find any. I did find a line and another car waiting,. But she was pulled way too far back to be in line. I pulled a little a head of her and it turned out she was in line. I was shocked.

And we’re watching the cars ahead of us and a guy comes out of the station with a couple of 12 packs of soda. We both start our cars. He must be done and be ready to go - Kind of rude though, he should have pulled away from the pump and parked. He wasn’t done. He had been inside for damn near ever and he hadn’t even filled his tank yet. Asshole!

He finally finished about the same time as the car in front of him was finishing up. Yay. The other car started her engine and started to pull in, but wait, her tank is on the other side. Girlfriend does some clumsy vehicular gymnastics to get her tank on the “right” side and it seemed like she was not going to pull all the way up. And I’m thinking do not make me cut a bitch, because first she can’t wait in line properly, she can’t remember what side her tank was on and then she can’t pull up? Does she have a death wish? Does she want to mess up my day like this? I mean, murder would totally make me late back to work and I would not get my lunch and that would piss me off.

Lady Backup finally got her shit together and Minnie got her lunch. I finally got mine but there was no time left to go check on Dogger - which was good, as it turned out she wasn’t all that sick. She’s sick, the vet started her on a course of heavy antibiotics and prednisone, but not sick, sick. as I thought she could be, I mean, her ear flaps were swollen!

Anyway. I have to go take care of my dog.



Here are the pictures from yesturday that Blogger Bloggered.


No comments: