Friday, November 16, 2007

Kitties

I was looking on Ebay at the Beanie babies. Yes, there are still Beanie babies out there. I was there looking for my friend's Christmas gift. Last summer she went on vacation and when she came back I had deposited all my happy meal stuffed dogs on her desk, climbing up her blinds and in her mail box. She was not entirely thrilled -She wanted to know where the cats were.

Sadly, the world of Happy Meal toys is a dog dominated field. I had lots and lots of bean bag dogs but only one bean bag cat and I’m pretty sure I had that one since before I left Dallas. I decided she was going to get cats for Christmas.

I had to think about the cat thing for a while. What kind? How big? How many? How much would I be willing to pay? Was I okay with used kitties? I decided that they should be bean bags, that they should be roughly the same size as the dogs so it was going to have to be bean bag cat product about the same size as the pre-existing happy meal pound puppies, I wanted of course, as many as I could get, I wanted to pay between “nothing” and "very little" and I was cool with used. The dogs had spent most of their lives living on the top of my refrigerator so a little dust wasn’t going to affect my over all opinion of the cats.

Ebay was calling.. at first I told them to hold on because I was talking to Amazon, but I told Amazon I was going through a tunnel and went back to Ebay and I took the plunge. I expected to be drowning in fuzzy , but instead I got some on my shoes and that was about it. I was surprised. I had thought Ebay would be covered in toy cats. Well. While there are toy cats to be had, it just isn’t as many as I would like. I was hoping for a larger selection and possibly a great number of sellers selling their stuffed cats in great numbers. So I could have lots of stuffed cats with out paying lots for them. That was the plan.

See, if I could get lots of the little buggers all in one shot, I could be done with this gift and be able to move on to another. In this case, "next" is a nurse themed gift. Preferably a Christmas ornament. Preferably cheap. Then I could start thinking about the one after that and the one after that. What do you get for an emotional unstable co-worker given to loud outbursts? I would like to get him medicated and restrained and working in someone else's office but I don’t think that's something I can get gift wrapped. Do you think I can find Christmas ornaments in the shape of tiny four point restraints? or I could go with a gift certificate for a six month prescription of Halidol, because that would be the gift that keeps on giving. To Me. A cheery Merry Christmas!-You-Wacko! would probably suffice but my riot gear is at the dry cleaners and I think any one-on-on time with him needs to be undertaken by trained professionals. Bless his heart.

Most fun thing I did at work today? Instructed a caller on how to get the coconut meat out of her coconut. We take complaints against health care providers, when she told me she needed kitchen help I told her to ask her doctor to give her the name of a home care agency, Oops!

No comments: