Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Lunchables

Today there was a photocopied Christmas Message in my paper from the Newspaper and my delivery boy. For me Christmas came early, Monday morning my paper arrived on time. As for my gift to him, I all ready gave him his gift this year, last week, one of the days the paper was late, I didn’t call and complain about it! God Bless Us Everyone.

Sunday, Dogger decided that she wanted her chance to decorate the tree. She was playing with the pelt of one of her gutted toys and she threw it into the branches of the tree. It is to her credit that she thought it looked good where it landed.

While Dogger was decking the halls, I was watching Ratatouille. I’m not loving it. I know it’s supposed to be really funny and pf course Pixar is totally Pixar-iffic, but damn, why was this supposed to be so funny? I don’t get the humor of a rat being all over a restaurant kitchen. And riding around under that guy’s hat? Sorry. Ew. Rat cooties all in his hair and he doesn’t wash his hands and you know he runs his hands through his hair as soon as rat goes on break or whatever. Ick. And so far? The rat hasn’t been shown as being all about his hygiene either, I mean if he dipped himself in alcohol and agreed to wear a Clean Suit, perhaps but no, Ew. He’s a rat. I don’t care what kind of foodie he’s supposed to be, he’s a rat. Ew.

I did think the trailer they ran of Pixar shorts looked interesting – One of about 3700 trailers I had to skip in order to start watching the movie before dawn. One trailer is fine, two is okay, three is allowable but when it’s six, seven, eight and nine that it’s getting ridiculous. The damn movie is already almost two hours long as it is. Two hours of a rat gallivanting around a kitchen. Touching The Food.

Maybe it’s better in French.

The food bomb finally exploded at the office. I have a tin of home made fudge, a gift bag full of snack sized candy bars, a plate of deserts I took as a doggy bag from the Nursing Home Branch Christmas lunch, there is a left over crumb cake from our groups Christmas table last week, and some one brought in a thing of baklava – Sam’s, but still. Baklava.

If someone would bring in a tub of cold sodas, it would be great.

In years past the nursing home branch, the acute care branch, the adult care branch and I think mental health had a shared Christmas lunch. The retirees came back, the surveyors were off the road and it was really nice. It was normally a pot luck. Lately, however the branches have separate lunches and they are catered. At least the nursing home branch has it’s catered. I think attendance is down. It was great when it was everybody from all the branches and now that most of us are in the same building, it would be nice if we could get to know each other and the lunch would be an excellent way to facilitate that.

You would think.

But it would require that a handful of grown women act like adults and we can’t have that. So, Nursing Home decorated the room and had their catered lunch at 11:30 and then took everything down, Acute Care hustled in, redecorated the room and had their pot luck at 1pm. Dumb, Dumb, Dumb.

No comments: