Friday, January 11, 2008

I'm kind of over the whole episode

I've only seen two dead Christmas trees out at the curb and my office building kept it's Christmas decorations up longer than I did. The building is now decorated for Martin Luther King Day.

Keeping the Christmas decorations past Christmas afternoon!? I don't know what to make of these Protestants. First some Baptists recognize lent and the next thing you know they're not throwing their tree's out until after epiphany.

You know what else I've noticed? Special K does not need to be sold with chocolate shards. Special K also does not need to be sold with strawberry flavored Styrofoam peanuts either. But it is. They hired some hot shot whose last gig was with Fruity Pebbles and now Special K has shards. It also comes with towels.

I was at the store and I saw a double box and it said Special K and it was really cheap, and it said FREE EXERCISE TOWEL. I didn't see the part about the shards. I wouldn't have bought it but now I'm stuck with two boxes of cloyingly sweet cereal that is not at all special. And the towel is really small.

Right now Dogger is eating something. I'm not sure what. Oh, she's eating the letter I got from the church asking for money! That's great! I'm totally sure that allowing my dog to eat an official church letter from a church official is not a one way ticket to hell. I all ready gave them money last week, but that was mostly because The Kitty had all ready shredded a lot of the letter and I felt bad. I think I should feed the little animals more.

Speaking Dogger. She is barking at me again. an hour ago when she was barking at me it was because she wanted me to get off the phone and I did and we watched more Sex and The City and she chilled but eventually, I really needed to watch the ER I taped last week - Here's the thing, There is no new programming right now, everything is in reruns. Nobody is watching TV anymore. It's done, it's over, we're all reading now, spending time with our families, playing board games, dressing our animals up. Why don't they just shelve what episodes they have? I think TV, I think Strike, I think striking writers not writing and I think reruns, lots and lots of reruns. There are a few shows with new episodes but I am not in a New Episode place. I've gotten out of the habit. At present I define "new" as "Aired six years ago but I never saw it" or "Food Network" . I think this week I'm going to tape the new Without A Trace instead. I might tape ER this week too and watch my Sex and The City DVDs instead.

I'm behind the writers on this, but damn, they need to tell their guy that he is not Lech Walesa and get some one in there who wants to deal. Steel workers can strike for years, because you know Plastic! but where else are we going to get new episodes of Pushing Daisies?

All this drama queening around isn't helping anyone. The AAMPAININMYASS needs remember who butters their bread . If we aren't watching TV we aren't watching ads and if we aren't watching ads we aren't buying products and if we aren't buying products the economy falters. The housing slump and the sub-prime mess started after the writers strike was underway. Does no one in Hollywood watch HGTV? nothing has sold on any of my home improvement shows, it used to be everything sold and usually for well above the asking price. You know what they say about butterflies? Also, I wouldn't know about the housing slump or the sub-prime mess if I didn't have to watch the news, which I wouldn't have to do if I could watch my TV shows.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

er...how does one "decorate" for Martin Luther King Jr Day???