Thursday, January 10, 2008

TMI Theatre

I decided to forgive my living room for just being itself. I made this decision because I thought it was time, it had absolutely nothing to do with the two Sex and The City DVDs I found when I came home from work. I would like to point out that I have two working DVD players in the house and I could if I wanted to, watch the DVD’s upstairs instead, but I didn’t. I choose to watch them in the living room. Grudges are so seventh grade. Don’t tell anyone, but while I was watching SiTC, the living room was totally walking around with food in its braces. It was gross.

Dogger celebrated the living room detente by joining me on the chair and falling asleep immedatly. I think it’s time for Dogger to go back to the vet. Her rash is back and even worse, the people at the park saw it. One of them got her to lie down so they could scratch her belly and there it was in all it’s angry glory. The one side is very gross. I tried to make her arrange herself so it was covered up but she wasn’t having any of it. Talk about seventh grade! On one side its pretty puppy pink and the other side its angry and red. And it’s not really a “rash” its more like chafing. I know, TMI.

Its like the guy whose office is next to mine. He has a rash. He’s had a rash. A big rash. He itches all the time. He comes into my office to bring me something and he’s itching,I go to to take him somthing and he's itching. When he’s not actully itching, he’s on the phone telling other people about his itching. At length. It’s gross, he’s gross, I am grossed. It’s almost as gross than the boss I had years ago who spent most of his time “rearranging” himself. He did it all the time, the rest of us would be breathing, he would be “arranging”. What was worse was that we worked in food service. I had a boss a few years ago who would pick his nose while talking to me about how he wanted me to phrase the email letting department heads know that Fed-Ex had been there. The itching thing is worse.

The vet is going to a rerun of the last three or four times I took Dogger in for her chafing issue. They will shave her, sell me a bottle of $17 dog shampoo with orders to bathe her twice a week, tell me there isn’t a whole lot else they can do for her, then give me a bottle of $57 antibiotics that will douse the red and return her to all over pretty puppy pink until the prescription runs out in two weeks.

The last time I took Dogger in the vet made noises about a possible food allergy but I don’t think that’s the case. I could see an allergy leaving her covered with an angry rash, not playing leap frog all over her. Poor Dogger is a quilt of shaved fur, newly regrown fur, and thinning fur covering one angry red patch.

Doggers' coat looks like my front yard in the spring. Do dogs get nematodes?

1 comment:

Cat said...

Modean's food allergy was usually just on his abdomen, and usually just his lower belly-- you might try ruling out certain ingredients, since that's way cheaper than all those vet bills.