Monday, January 14, 2008

Live Blogging The Golden Globes

In honor of the non-event I am wearing a lovely vintage gown by Ashley Taylor and shoes by Restoration Hardware.

I prepared for the evening by taking a long shower not so much in honor of the festivities but to wash that game out of my hair. Gah. Hate the Giants! But what’s really going to suck is that they are going to get beat next week so we will have ended up getting beaten by losers.

Sucks for us. And screw that Mad TV guy that made Shrub sound like a Cowboy fan! If I thought Shrub was a fan it would make me root against the Cowboys too. They made the Cowboys out to be the bad guys in the game.

Anyway. The game so upset Dogger that she took to her bed early and then promptly wet it. She’s back on prednisone. The vet has decided that she probably has a food allergy so now both she and The Kitty officially eat better than I do. Do you think if I turned up with a rash my internist would proscribe a venison and potato diet for me? No, for me the doctor would write me a proscription for an Elizabethan collar.

Topic!



I am dressed, scrubbed and live blogging! Okay. The Nominees Are..., Wow. A lot of people I have no opinion about and a handful that absolutely have to win and in a couple of cases, I require ties. I remember the announcement of the nominees. It was boring and took a long time. I do not see how reading the same list again is going to be entertaining. It supposed to take an hour

Oh. I hate Billy Bush. So far, chatting not announcing.


Best Supporting Actress in a Motion Picture : Cate Blanchette, I’m Not here

Chatting, chatting. Bull Shit. Billy Bush doesn’t think she should have won.

Best Supporting TV Actor : Jeremy Pivon, Entourage

How original. Soooo lame. I’ve netflixed every episode and frankly, his best work was in the early seasons. Time to move on from awarding Pivon.

Best Actress in TV Drama: Glen Close, Damages
Okay. I’m okay with that.

Best Sup. TV Actress : Samantha Morton , Longforth
Really strong field. The chick from Earl never had a chance. I’m glad to see Samantha Morton win though, she was really good in Sweet and Low Down. I’m okay with this one too.

Best Actor in TV Drama : Jon Hamm, Mad Man
Never watched it. But new guy, first timer. So good for him. Makes up for Pivon.

Best Animated Film : Ratatouille
I can’t get past the rat in the kitchen.

Hate, hate, hate Billy Bush.

Best Actress Motion Picture Comedy or Musical: Marian Cotillardi La Vie en Rose
Didn’t see any of nominated performances. Note to self, when your "vintage" gown is starting to turn into paper, it’s time to explore your options with gowns maybe a little more hauteur couture. Who calls Bingo "The Bingo". I hate that ad.

Best Supporting Actor in Motion Picture : Javier Bardem,No Country For Old Men
Another first time winner. Yay. "...For a Cohen brothers movie?" @#$% you Billy Bush.

Best Actress Mini Series : Queen Latifah, Life Support
Whatever.

Best Actor TV Comedy : David Duchovney, Californication
What!? What! Soooo wrong!

Best TV Comedy Series: Extras
What! Gawd!!! Again with the wrongness.

Best Actress TV Comedy: Tina Fey, 30 Rock
Woo! Finally one that makes me happy. Go Tina Fey! Woo-Hoo!

Best Director: Julian Schnabel, The Bell Jar and the Butterfly

Best Actor in Motion Picture Comedy or Musical : Johnnie Depp, Sweeny Todd
Okay.

Best Motion Picture, Comedy or Musical: Sweeny Todd
I need to see that.

Best TV Drama: Mad Men
Is it out on DVD?

Best Actress Motion Picture Drama: Julie Christy, Away from Her
I’m so glad Angelina Jolie didn’t win.

Best Actor Motion Picture Drama: Daniel Day Lewis, There Will Be Blood

Best Picture Drama: Atonement

Please note the aired winners are not a complete list of categories. Many categories were not announced. It would have been nice for the first time winners to get to make their first acceptance speech in front of the world. How often does anyone win anything? I feel bad for them. I hope the Writers Guild leadership and the AAMPAININMYASS know what they took from those people. I hope it’s worth it.

The writing awards were among the unannounced categories. Meow.

No comments: