Wednesday, January 16, 2008

To sleep, perchance to dream…

So much for going home and going to sleep. After Doggers little adventure with contra-indicated food stuffs I was too wired to sleep and once I was finally in bed, The Kitty wanted me to stay up and “play”. He fooled me though, at first he was all “I’m going to curl up here on your pillow and purr into your ear” and I was all “You are the cutest widdle kittah evah!” and then he thought I wanted to play fetch with my deodorant.

I finally talked him into channeling his energies in pacing and I went to sleep.

Until, Dogger needed to go out. Now. Still half asleep I got up and took her out the front door and fell down my steps. Now fully awake, we wandered around until she found the right spot. Back inside, Dogger wanted to play too. She got her feelings hurt when I suggested she just go back to bed. She complained until I gave her a handful of her new food. I call them “cookies” when they aren’t in her bowl.

Back to bed. The Kitty was annoyed that Dogger was up and wake and being fed. The Kitty wanted to be fed too. So he ate a magazine. Loudly. The source of his pique is that I cruelly, will not allow him to eat Styrofoam! He found some, I took it away and now he’s pissed. He loves styrofoam, he craves styrofoam and he wants me to know that his life is incomplete without styrofoam. I have tried to explain to him that if cats were supposed to eat styrofoam then it would come in flavors and then I still wouldn’t let him eat it because I fear the gluten. I have however, promised him when he dies that I will bury him a styrofoam cooler so he will have plenty to eat in the after-life.

So. I am now sore. I expected to be bruised but as always, the harder I run into something the less of a bruise it leaves. I’m not sure I would want the badge of honor even if I did get one, it’s not like I could show it off at work Hey! Hey! Let me pull up my shirt and show you what I did to myself. Do you think it looks more bruisey or more hemotomy? I can’t even profit from it, a stranger slips down the steps and he scores a pay off, slip down your on steps … It’s not as though you can sue yourself. I could claim honor points because it was 4:30 AM and I was out there in service of a helpless creature. But I doubt it.

I thought I was being smart because I put shoes on before I went outside. Half asleep and still alert enough to put shoes on. The correct feet even. Who knew rain boots would have such slidy soles?

What else? Dogger has only one more day of twice-a-day pred left before she goes every-other day preding. I’m hoping that we will both get more sleep.

No comments: