Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Wednesday

I took a chance yesterday, I have to admit it was a selfish move. I didn’t come home for lunch for the first time since Dogger took ill - And I could have, I chose not to. I had to go back to bank again - where they took pity on me and gave me my very own Master Copy of a fraud affidavit so I wouldn’t have to come back every other day. My bank pities me.

On the way back with my prize, I passed a McDonald's. Tuesday was Fat Tuesday and today is Ash Wednesday and Lent has started and if there was a day to say No to Dix Grill and Yes to McDonald's, yesterday was it. And I took my chance. Dogger has been dry and as much as she enjoys a mid-day pee break and a visit from Mom, she doesn't need one.

And to be honest rushing home twice a day to make sure she’s still alive, is taking a little out of me. I’m still doing treatment research but every time I turn over a new rock I find the same expensive worms. But I’m still looking. I don’t want to spend the most painful days of my life playing What if... with myself. I want to exhaust all my possibilities first. And it may turn out that I can save her. Not for free, but I might be able to find a treatment that my budget can live with. I hear conflicting things, the AD dogs forums quote one price, the AD dog at the park has another and my vet quotes is always much, much higher. I think I may have to go over the vets head.

I had a busy day. I heard from my Detective! He has video! The thief is a young, light skinned black woman and she has a girl child. He wants me to look at the footage! Wow! . If he can figure out how to email it. So far, not much luck with that. He told me that since some of the crimes were committed in Cary, that I am going to have to file a police report in Cary. Fine, I filed the one in Raleigh over the phone, not a big deal at all really. It was practicality automated. The police here are busy, they really don’t have time for property crimes. If you can call 911 yourself why are you calling? Cary on the other hand, hates crime! Crime is messy! They have ordinances prohibiting crime! You can be fined for crime in Cary. It’s a real No No.

I called Cary and told them my story. I told them I would fax them the police report from Raleigh and maybe a copy of my drivers licence and when I get the video I would send that a long as well. I figured that would be enough. It was more than Raleigh had to start with.

Sadly the police in Cary are a little more touchy-feely then the Raleigh department. In Cary, when you file a report you do it in person. And, they want the checks. I told them the checks were with Detective Busy but I would be happy to give them his number. This wasn’t good enough. They want the checks and suggested I get them from Det. Busy. I explained that that might not be possible as I have never actually seen Det. Busy and he doesn’t return my calls. He can get in touch with me but I can not get in touch with him. Ever.

Cary is going to call me tomorrow . I called my bank, perhaps they have copies. They sent them to me once, maybe they can send them again? And you ask Why didn’t you make copies of them when you had them? And I say : They were evidence in a police investigation and I thought it would be in poor form to make copies and I had no idea it would cross jurisdictions! Cary was annoyed Det. Busy went to their Target.

Another business also has footage but they won’t let Det. Busy have it without a court order. How is that okay? How is that co-operating with law enforcement? They let him look at it and it’s the same person but they won’t give him a copy without a court order. That’s what I call co-operating with law enforcement. They never dick the cops on Law and Order around like that.

PS. Dogger was fine when I finally did come home. And dry.

1 comment:

Tony said...

Dear Cary Police,

I'm the victim here, please talk to Raleigh Police your own damn self. They might actually return your calls.

Thank you,
Dianaverse