Monday, March 10, 2008

Mouse in the House

I’m not sure if you can tell from just looking at this but, a minute ago I wanted to move my mouse from point A to point B and my mouse moved from point A to point B! On the first try! and I didn’t have to curse at it or slam it on the desk or spin it around or take it apart or wash any part of it or change what I wanted to do because the damn mouse wouldn’t go where I wanted it to... I was enslaved by a broken piece of $6 plastic.

I had tantrums and I kept saying I need to get another one. But, to get another one, I would have to have time to go get another one and I would have to remember that I needed a new one when I wasn’t in the middle of a tantrum. It’s not easy. I alos spent a few days without a car and that put a dent into my mouse shopping but pretty much, if I wasn’t actually in the middle of a mouse induced tantrum it was easy to forget about.

I would think of it when I would go to work and my mouse there works so well and it does what I wanted it to and it would highlight text and cut and paste and I would think about my one at home and be sad. I would have gotten a new one last weekend but that was not possible, and to be honest, I didn’t think about checking airport gift shops for computer mice.

So. This weekend I did something about it. I didn’t do anything about it on Saturday because it was too windy. It was really windy. Like a wind tunnel, all day. It was awful. Dogger wouldn’t even go out to pee! She would listen at the window and hear the gusts of wind and then poke her little nose out the door and just shake her head. We took a lot of naps. Which worked out well for me as I had decided I was going to sleep as long as I could on Saturday - and then I woke up at 8am, I was not happy about that. But fortunately, I overcame that early disappointment and managed to find a lot of time to nap. The constant strong wind was really very restful - I have a new roof, I can sleep in the face of strong winds.

I did manage to wake myself up long enough to go to Poverty Barn to get a couple of baskets for the book shelves that I use as a dresser. I need a couple of more to really tidy up the look, but the one’s I liked were $12 a pop and I had been hoping to spend $8 per basket - And I could have but the $8 version just looked cheap. So I settled for lesser amount of tidy and fewer baskets but what I got does make the book shelves look less like I’m using them as a dresser and more like I’m using them as book shelves.

While I was upstairs putting my stuff into the baskets, this enormous gust of wind came and knocked over my neighbors heavy, iron porch furniture and stripped shingles off the house behind them. I don’t know what made them more upset, having to go out in the wind to reset their furniture or having to pick up all the stray shingles from their yard and driveway.

Whee! I just highlighted some text and cut and pasted it and the mouse did it on the first try!

Tangent - Dogger barks at car crashes! We were sitting here checking Email and we heard someone hit the breaks and then the impact and Dogger barked at it. Don’t drive a plastic car, it isn’t going to end well - Those fake bumpers don’t dent, they shatter.

No comments: