Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Places to Go, People to See

I was filling out my calendar at work and I noticed that the month of April it may actually appear that I have a life! True, it is a life measured in visits to health care professionals, but I have plans for April that don’t actually impinge on my work schedule as well. I was shocked too. I have one weekend with my parents and another, all be it just a Saturday, attending my District convention, This is a lot more advanced planning than I am used to.

I need to embrace my sad and pathetic no life while I still can. I need to make it a point to really appreciate and embrace my sitting around doing nothing time while I still have the time. I’m going to make it a point to sleep really late too, while I have no life and no plans and nowhere to go. Having stuff to do really cuts into my busy slothing schedule.

Hopefully, Doggers April vet visit will be the end of her every-three-weeks electrolyte testing. She’s had two good tests in a row and both the vet and I are hoping that this last round will be her last frequent testing. If this round turns out well, we are going to move on to deciding how little pred she needs to stay alert and keep her lethargy down. If she isn’t on any pred she just lays there like a bump, if she’s on too much, she’s a hyper-kinetic, peeing, pain in the ass. Currently, in response to my complaints about her lethargy, the vet has her on 2.5 mg every three days for a total of 5 mg a week. I don’t want her bouncing off the ceiling, I’m just interested in her being a little more lively. The weeks she was on no pred at all, The Kitty who is a competitive sleeper and who’s hobby is power napping, whose waking “hours” are counted in minutes, was more alert more often.

All that laying around had an adverse affect on her. Dogger is fat. Noticeably so. In hopes of combating this, I started her on a diet dog food. I’m not so sure about her new food because nowhere on the bag does it stipulate as a side effect increased flatulence, it would have been nice to be warned. She literally leaves a cloud where ever she goes. She spent most of her weekend in my parents’ basement and now they are going to have to repaint and possibly call in an exorcist to fully rid the space of the evil spirits her behind left behind – And then there are no promises that it won’t just come back! One day I had put Dogger outside and she had been out there for a while. I thought getting her out of the environment would solve the problem? But no! I walked into the hallway and got slapped in the face with a transient odor. It was awful; she can be like a walking cat box.

It was getting so bad for a while I had started to sing Smelly Cat under my breath all day. Sadly for me though, I know exactly I am feeding her.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

er...Three times 2.5 is actually SEVEN point five.

Unknown said...

As I was trying to say, grr. Blogger comments. Dogger gets two doses of 2.5 mg a week.