Thursday, March 13, 2008

Success Stories

Yesterday Vice Chair, today Successful Changer of Fax Toner! Ya’ll don’t know! Our fax toner at work is a real bitch to change. It’s powdery. Shiver. And Yesterday, I changed it correctly and all by myself and all without messing up my light colored top or leaving tale tell toner flurries.

All the harder to do because while the machine said it was empty of toner, it wasn’t and there was quite a lot left in the toner well. But you can’t tell that until after you’ve taken the whole thing apart. I would love a fax machine that required cartridges, like our ageing printer . Sigh.

We aren’t going to get a new fax or a new printer because we just got a new scanner. Did we need a scanner? No, no we didn’t. Not at all. Do we need a new printer? We needed a new printer last year and the fax machine has been on it’s last leg for years. So instead we got a scanner, that we don’t need or want. Go us.

I think it’s a status thing for my boss. Upstairs they have a scanner, and they scan their little hearts out. Scan, scan, scan. Good for them. They even have a dedicated computer for the scanner so any staff that has something to be scanned can scan it. Super. Downstairs, guess whose desk the dedicated computer sits on? Not the bosses, no, she’s busy, she doesn’t need to be interrupted. I however, am never busy and live for interruptions. And even better? The scanner is big and takes up a lot of room. Guess who has a lot of room sitting around idle? That wouldn’t be me but it’s not like I needed that room anyway. I can sort the sections mail on my floor or I could just wiggle my nose and have the mail open, stamp and sort itself in the air.

Yesterday I also thought to put gas in my car at Sam’s. I really didn’t need to but it was only $3.10 a gallon and I thought I should jump on it. I “jumped on” $3.10 a gallon gas! How perverse is that? Almost as perverse as the $3.27 the pirates are asking for the same thing.

Earlier in the week, I came home from work and was going through my mail and ran across a greeting card from AT&T. What could they possibly need to thank me for, their customer? A rate hike? An apology for being Bushco collaborators the admins ongoing war against it’s own citizens? Nah! They want to thank me for being a valued customer. Which I’m not, not really. I never signed on with them. One day I checked my voice mail and the message the usual message that greeted me had changed. I was pissed. I’m pretty sure the last guys were also mentioned pretty prominently in the list of collaborators, but at least they weren’t AT&T for Gawds sake!

It was just strange to get a thank you note from collaborationist pigs. Thank you for letting us listen in to your phone calls, Thank you for laying there like a good dog while we trampled your rights, Thank you for not showing up on a list of customers forming a class action suit against us . Yet. I haven’t sued them yet, they could have saved their postage. They can’t save their souls, they could have at least saved their postage.


To change the subject, am I the only one who didn’t care in the least that The Wire ended? To change the subject again, these two headlines were together on my ISPs home page

Spitzer Resigns in Disgrace Over Scandal
US Syphilis Up for Seventh Straight Year

I laughed.

No comments: