Friday, April 11, 2008

TGIF

Well that was unsatisfactory. A whole flock of tiny dogs had taken over the small dog park - Don’t they know? That space isn’t just a small dog park, it’s Doggers dog park sanctuary! And later, when we tried to play at the baseball park? There were a whole bunch of kids waiting to get into play kickball. The nerve. It’s a baseball field or my big dogs park. I am sure a memo went out, people need to check their email more often. Hmmph.

All that means that Dogger did not get an adequate recreation period earlier and I’m going to have to take her out again - Which is fine, we like exercise, but. Still. Now I’m annoyed. It’s not like I don’t have enough to keep myself busy. For instance? I have three shows that are airing at 10pm! I have to plan ahead. I’m going to watch E.R, probably upstairs, tape Ace of Cakes in the living room and Without a Trace in the office. I went months without having three things to watch in a week and now three at one time! That’s not even mentioning that 30 Rock is back finally! and I have all this running around to do because I’m scheduled to leave town after work today so I have all that to do as well. I was hoping to be able to cross off : Exercise Dogger from my list of things to do. But right now she doesn’t look like she really wants to exercise, she was stunned to day to face actual heat when she went outside, she was like What the hell? What is this? I’m panting? That’s it, I’m going back inside and I’m staying there until November. Global warming sucks.. Dogger doesn’t really like being warm, she is at her happiest when things freeze to her nose. That isn’t going to happen, she’s going to be in for a big surprise when it really becomes A/C weather and I still expect her to go outside .

List, list. Like right now for instance? If I had a list, it would probably say that right now I should be making sure I have adequate video tapes for the evening. It’s been months, they might have all rotted away from disuse. Do I have any functioning tapes? If I had a list, I would know this. I suck.

I thought I had packed everything I would need, but then I found out that Bill Clinton him own self is going to be in my parents town on Saturday and so of course I had to find my official Democratic Party Tee-shirt! I packed away most of my tee-shirts a few weeks ago, yeah, well, better late then never and I was pretty sure where it was but then I had to unpack most of my tee shirts and that took time, but I did find it and then, I even remembered after I had found it? to pack it in my bag. Woo. Unusual dedication to follow through for me. I’m not really excited about a HRC rally, but a chance to see The Big Dog? I am so there. I also signed up for the lottery for the presidential debate they are going to hold in Raleigh at some point. I don’t think there is chance one of getting in, but would it be cool? It would also have been cool if there had been a place to write on the application that I am after all my precincts vice chair after all... I think my luck ran out for these things when I got kick ass standing room when Kerry/Edwards came to town the last time around. No, that was a once in a life time thing, no one gets that lucky twice But bad seats are why they invented the zoom function on cameras.

Maybe if I told them I tabled for Dukakis/Benson back in college in the deepest, darkest reddest Frat boy heart of Texas that they may cut me some slack? I still have my tee-shirt. And my scars.

No comments: