Thursday, June 19, 2008

Photoblogging

Monday evening I went to unlock my door and the key broke in the lock. There was briefly, wailing and gnashing of teeth. I decided after I finished wailing and gnashing. that this whole broken-key-in-latch thing was going to have to be temporary. At first, I pawed at it. This was not making it a less temporary. If anything, I pushed the key piece further in. More gnashing and wailing ensued.

I decided to call in the big guns. I went to see what my tool box might have to offer.



And it said This job calls for a more specialized tool than your fingers. This job calls for a more refined tool, perhaps like these:



I used these. They did not work, obligatory gnashing and wailing.I need something that was like what I had been useing but even smaller .Gnash, gnash, wail, wail.. But then I had an idea. I stopped gnashing and wailing and looked at my other "tools".



A little poking a little prying and little wheedling, very little gnashing and no wailing.



And moving on to Tuesday, we have already discussed my big brass ovaries.

Wednesday. My home or as I now call it The Island of Chronically Ill Pets. My vet got back to me and confirmed my suspicion's. The Kitty's thyroid numbers were indeed high. My vet took her time getting back to me so I had some time to do research. Weight loss, increased appetite, thirst and activity. Check, check, check! There are three treatments. One is too expensive but it fixes the problem once and for all, the second is a surgical solution but it has a rather shocking mortality rate, and the last is a life time of pill taking.

I went to Sam's after work to pick up The Kitty's new prescription and they didn't have enough of it, I asked for a refill of one my prescriptions but my insurance said I was asking too early. No Gnashing, gnashing would hurt. Wailing, there was wailing. My plan had been to do get all my pharmacy going taken care of at once, fewer trips, less gas, all these good things. It wasn't to be. I get to go back Friday. Yay.

Oh, and for the cake fetishist?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yay! Pictures of CAKE!