Monday, July 21, 2008

Breath in, Breath out

They need to start putting warning labels on swim suits - This suit is not appropriate for ocean use or This suit is specifically designed for pool use, do not attempt to wear under ocean conditions or even something direct Suit May Ride Up in Waves. I tell you what, its a damn good everyone was so occupied with you know , not drowning because I was totally flashing the world. That King Neptune is really cheeky!

I would come up for air after being clobbered by a wave and look down and say Oh. Well. Now! and try to get my top back where it was supposed to be before the next wave came along and knocked me ass over tea kettle. I am really lucky I didn't end up with a painfully toasted ta-tas.

If you haven't been knocked ass over tea kettle by a wave lately you really should try it. It's a very liberating experience to just let go that way, to just turn yourself over to the waves. It's really very meditative, you can't think about anything else, you certainly can't do anything else while you are being pummeled by the waves. An enforced period of non-thought really greases the mental wheels., once you can think, you see things clearer, your minds eye sees 20/20 and whatever may have been clouding your "vision" has been washed away.

Of course my first thoughts were Oh my gawd! I got my suit wet! and Eek! The bad wave splashed me! and Whoops! that got my hair wet! and Sqeee! I got a mouth full of salt water! finally gave way to Show me what you got! which led me to Do me wavy! take me! and Is that all you've got? I'm still upright you lamo! The last guy almost drowned me! Work harder! until I was turning my nose down at swells that ten minutes before would have had me squealing and eeking in shock to find the biggest wave to push me harder under the water because it felt so damn good when I came up for air, Screw you wavy, you may be stronger, but I'm buoyant! I am invincible! I am strong! I can handle anything! Push me down and I get right back up! Hear that world? I get back up!

Sadly, my hair squishy was lost at sea.

Anyway, when I wasn't playing footsie with King Neptune, I was taking pictures

No comments: