Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Everything

I’ll save you some time : So, how’s Dogger? Dogger is fine. I guess, it depends on who is around, if it’s just me she seems more or less the same, maybe a little more perky and alert but at the same time, I may just be getting used to it. Dogger is a consummate showman, she shows off for my family and then comes home and makes like Camille. Lets say Dogger is dancing as fast as she can.

She seems to want to go for now verboten long walks but she can’t go 50 feet to go pee in the yard without laying down - I don’t know which to blame that on, her pain or her pain meds. I suspect it is a combination of the two, but at the same time she is the most hard headed animal I have ever known. I think she’s smart enough to know that playing tug-of-war isn’t possible at present so she does the next best thing, she goes limp. I am reasonably sure if she could find a way to chain herself to a tree she would. I find all of this puzzling, she hates being outside, she does not bond with nature unless she can do so from the street and all of a sudden she finds happiness basking in the sun. She used to hate basking. Now, she’s a freaking snake.

Its confusing to me. I don’t know if this is just her hardheadedness or some kind of new symptom I need to be concerned about. Have I mentioned that everything she does now makes me concerned?

Phone Rings

I just lied to the Shriners! I told them I was bankrupt, morally yes, but financially, well, not exactly bankrupt, but I don’t have a penny to give to anyone I don’t all ready owe money to. It doesn’t help that pretty much everyone who can afford a phone bank has my number, a sob story and their hand out. Right now I have a bill from Breast Cancer on my entry way table. They called me and I told them it was a no-go and so they suggested they send me a pledge card and I could send it back when I could. I said sure because I am ever hopeful that I’m going to uncover a gold mine in my back yard or find buried treasure in the cat box. Right now if it doesn’t show up on my credit report, it isn’t getting paid.

I’m sure there is some sort of Karmic credit report and mine looks like crap. I use those freebie address stickers and I never send in a donation, if I pay cash at McDonald's I never put all my change into the Ronald McDonald House donation boxes, I feed my feral cats only the cheapest kibble I can find and I've been known to buy .99 sympathy cards for greiving co-workers.

No wonder my pets are chronically ill.

Speaking of ill pets. I tried to get Dogger to go outside again. I got her out there twice, no small task in it self, and she failed to perform both times. I don’t know if she didn’t need to, or if she couldn’t go because my neighbor was in his yard doing yard work - and then if she doesn’t go, is it the knee or the Addison's that is to blame? Is it because she has been spending too much time on her feet or too much time off them?

Good news! I tried a third time to get Dogger to do her thing and she did! My neighbor finally stopped fiddling with his plants and Dogger finally remembered the world is her toilet. I’ve read where dogs don’t like being watched when they do their thing but I’ve never known Dogger to demand such privacy, the animal will drop a dog bomb in the middle of traffic and suddenly she’s demanding a privacy screen? I don’t know who she thinks she’s kidding unless this a new symptom of something else I can’t afford to fix.

The knee doesn’t get stressed unless it accidentally gets used, but the Addison's gets stressed out over everything, including the knee. In an attempt to protect Dogger from stress I left the radio playing all day. I left it on because the city put signs in all our yards warning us to not park in the street because they are going to spend this week refacing the street. I came home from work today to a street with the same face it had when I left in the morning. I have my suspicions that they city didn’t put those signs out at all, it is instead a cunning plan to get the renters to get their most recent hulk out of the street and into their driveway where it belongs. This one has tags and a plate and all four tires inflated so I can’t call the city and have it towed like I did with the last one. They might have foiled me but somebody has their number.

No comments: