Thursday, July 24, 2008

Riding bikes with the Flintstones


I was planning to get an early start on this, so as to be able to sit in front of the TV all night like a normal person, so I eschewed my scheduled  HGTV watching and went straight for the computer where I called up Word and got ready to do my thing. I gave myself two rules though 1) No Dogger and 2) No garden.

So I went looking for handy non-Dogger non-Garden memes and that took a while and then I didn’t find any I would see me answering and I decided memes are lame and I don’t need someone else's  lame ideas to post a lame entry. I can do that without any outside help.

Well shite! What else is there to talk about? It’s not like I have a life or anything. I could talk about how I thought The Kitty was feeling neglected, but I’m pretty sure that resolved after I bought him new food and scored fresh dust for his box - If he’s still mad at me he hasn’t said anything about it and normally he’s really into sharing his feelings and being open about his hostility - He does not suffer in silence, and in fact this morning he lolled across my paper in a really cute n’ fuzzy way and he doesn’t come across with the cute n’ fuzzy unless he genuinely doesn’t hate me at the moment. Passive aggression isn’t his thing. He prefers his aggression straight up.

Even though I am not supposed to talk about Dogger - I can talk about her vet. Her really nice, very knowledgeable vet who lurves her and knows a lot about Addison’s. That vet left the practice and left Dogger and I high and dry - On a desert Island stocked with other very knowledgeable, nice vets from the same practice but they don’t lurve Dogger the same way and I question their Addison’s knowledge. It’s one thing to have studied it, I studied Shakespeare and I can quote it at you but that doesn’t make me a Shakespeare scholar, I know these women studied about Addison’s and the fact they can quote from a text book does not make me feel better. My old vet was an Addison's Scholar! She really new her stuff and that made a world of difference for both Dogger and myself. I just had one really quick conversation with one of the other vets in the practice and now I’m understanding more clearly why the folks on the Addison’s groups are so bitter about their vets.

Lets see. Trying to hold to my No Dog/No Garden theme, and having no idea what else to post about with those two rules in place, I went to Dix to ride the bike trail. It was nice, it would have been nicer to do it on foot and with Dogger but... I did enjoy myself, a little. In the past I remember there being a lot of bike traffic though there but I bet the real hard cases are at home watching The Tour instead. I have a bike question, if you use the hand breaks? Is the bike supposed to stop? Or are the hand breaks kind of like props? Because I tried to stop using the hand breaks and the bike and I kept barreling along and if I had wanted to keep barreling along I would not have used the hand breaks. I finally brought the bike to a stop by going all Fred Flintstone and manually stopping myself. Not cool.

Oh! I am one fake tooth closer to my goal of having a $6 Million Mouth. I went back to the dentist today and got another crown! Woo! And to reward myself for my oral awesomeness I went to the grocery on my way back home and bought some grated cheese and when I came home I made myself cheese sauce ( a little butter, a little flour and a little milk) and I had rice note to self, the new microwave is significantly more powerful than the old microwave, it would be a good idea to rethink the timing of the rice, it was dry and cheese for dinner. It was great, cheesy rice is one of my all time favorite comfort foods.

Tomorrow? Garden Update 6!

No comments: