Thursday, August 7, 2008

Myths

On my way home from work I thought about all the things I needed to get done ahead of my parents visit over the weekend. When I arrived home post garden watering, clothes changing, dog and cat pilling and feeding and sneaker/bike break finding I decided I would be too busy to sit down and make a list. Before I got too involved with housework I prepared  for a  therapeutic bike ride,  it’s important to pay yourself first.

But where? Where should I ride to? My decision was that I should accomplish something on this ride because being useful is good. I thought of the Blue Planet  sitting half watched in the DVD and I decided that for the greater good that I should first finish watching the disk then ride my bike to the post office and mail it back. I felt very efficient  as I sat back to watch evil, evil Killer Whales kill helpless baby sea lions. I was horrified, but somewhat comforted to know my species is not the only beings to kill for sport and then play with torture its prey before throwing it away. Killer Whales really do deserve to end up spending their days ignobly, having as a species truly earned the living hell of being humiliated in water shows. Jail Willy!

And then I went for my ride. When I walk my bike up hills, it is not because I lack the stamina to ride up them, it is because I am cross training!  I made note to find out if hand breaks on $54 bike are actually supposed to work as hand breaks or if they are instead, props to add vermisilitude to the “bike” riding experience . Made another note to self to research how much more one would have to spend to get a bike with working breaks.  Healthy exercise and netflix housekeeping duties safely taken care of, I returned home to eat small, nutritious dinner and then really started on my to-do list for the evening



To-Do List


1. Deep clean house, top to bottom. Kitchen, bathroom, upstairs etc.
2.Make two more batches of dog cookies.
3. Store winter clothing and bedding.
4.Re-set clocks all over house due to unscheduled power outage Monday.
5.Clean out car.
6.Wash hair.
7. Watch subtitled, award winning French film
8. Mythbusters at 9pm!

I cleaned the bathroom and vacuumed the downstairs. I decided I should pace myself, my parents won’t be here until later in the week and I have to live here in the mean time and so do the animals I don’t want to have to get everything tidy and then just have to do everything again... I did watch Mythbusters.

1 comment:

Cat said...

Dude, that to-do list would take me a week and a half to cover. Two weeks if you added washing a toddler's hair to it. I think you did great just to catch a bike ride and Mythbusters!