Friday, March 6, 2009

Napping

My parents are coming this weekend and I had very ambitious cleaning plan in place. There was going to be bathroom scrubbing, kitchen polishing, living room vacuuming and hallway sweeping. There was going to be a lot work done. My house was going to look  good. It was, it was going to look good.

Was. There was going to be a lot of work done. Then I started this cold thing and that really took the wind out of my sails and replaced it with phelm. Suddenly my sails were slack and my boat was becalmed. You are not going to win the Americas' Cup if you are trying to get there against a tide of phlem. A flood of phelm does not raise all boats. It sinks them. In phelm. I just didn't have the energy to both do what needed to be done and  continue to stand up right.

I don't feel all that bad but everything just takes me so much longer. I need naps. I vacuumed the hallway and I wanted a nap. And a trophy. And a pulmonologist.  I was not excited about doing more of this work. Fortunately, I did the bathroom and the bedroom all ready and those were the two really large projects that  really had to get done, if nothing else got done, those two spaces had to be taken care of and I am really glad that I got those jobs taken care of before I started to get sick.

Once I got real about what I was going to get done I got a little more relaxed about what was enough.  I got most of thiery four throw rugs taken care of and I even put a fresh table cloth on the dining room table. And then I took a nap.

I  also started to figure out how much time exactly my parents were going to be in my house, once I started running the numbers they weren't going to be there very much at all! In Friday night after dinner, out Sunday after Church. This went a long way to helping me reevaluate my plan.. They weren't actually going to be here to cook anything so I took a fairly involved cleaning of the kitchen off the books,  I went from having to think about  steam cleaning the cabinets and ended up only have to think about cleaning off the countertops and vacuuming the floor.

It does not help that my Girl Scout cookies arrived today and by the time I woke up from cookie coma, I didn't have a huge amount of time left open to get the remaining work done so I had to make some cuts. I decided to go with a big statement. That statement being : Air Freshener.

And then I took a nap.

No comments: