Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Tuesday

Good Morning Children! How was your weekend?

Mine was good. Mine was busy but good. I got my lawn mowed. I got to watched baby nephew join the Church and I got to watch Dogger take her first post-operative steps. All in all, a good time was had by all bipeds. Dogger, I would be willing to bet has had better weekends. She's more of a tri-ped at present.

I don't usually post pictures of children, especially those that are not mine but how often does a young man get baptised?  A Catholic young man, I mean, protestant people have their own traditions.

A nice Catholic boy

I think he is quite the handsome guy.

While all this was going on it was raining. It rains all the time, pretty much every weekend now and during the week and at night. It's a thing. I'm giving up hope that I am ever going to get my garden in. Once upon a time I joked about the wetlands in my backyard but now its not really a joking matter. I'm reasonably sure that I saw school of minnows darting around in the puddle where the garden is supposed to be.

The  mail order plants are going to arrive at the latest the last week of April - Wait you say, The last week of April is weeks away! You  are such a worry wart! Chill out. . But, the garden is a weekend activity and three of the weekends are all ready spoken for so I was kind of hoping to have the damn thing done by now. It's not just the tilling - Which is important, sure and it has to be done before everything else gets done but the longer it take it to get the first step taken care the longer it takes me to get the lay out of the garden nailed down, my soaker hoses arranged and the two different kinds of plastic mulch put in place and then the plantings still have to be completed.

There is a lot to do and not much time to get it all done and nothing can be done until it gets started. I want it started.

Did I mention that I mowed the lawn? I did! And this time I did not utilize Mr. Weed Whacker. I mowed the lawn with a real live mower! Not an electric one, that purchase is back burner-ed post Dogger operation, I don't really need one in reality and I'm going to have to just deal with the push mower for the next while. I need to start saving for Doggers other knee more than I need a power mower.

1 comment:

Cat said...

Aaaw, I love that picture. I can almost smell the clove oil.