Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Go-nuts

I have already started vacation. One way I can tell is that I had donuts for dinner. Donuts. Plural. For dinner.

Because I could. I blame the pirates at the corner for this. I went to the pirates for a simple candy bar and they wouldn’t sell it to me because I didn’t have a second form of ID and when I said I live right down the street! The pirate said I don’t know you. If he didn’t charge 25 cents more a gallon then anyone else, he might know me better. Bastard. Bastards, the both of them, he and his price fixing buddy across the street. So I was forced to go elsewhere to scratch my junk food itch. Enter Krispy Kreme. Did you know that a dozen donuts are cheaper than six donuts? It’s the shitty economy, you have to save money where you can.

The donuts are there, they’re in the refrigerator and no one is here to tell me no. Which is good, because I want those donuts and I would piss me off if I were to be thwarted. I don’t like being thwarted.

It’s also for my energy levels. I’ve been so tired by the end of the week from all the walks that I want to die, so I’m looking at the addition of the donuts as a plus. I have so much more energy post donut that I could take Dogger go on a couple of more walks a week... Which did not happen to day, as it rained before I ever got home and Dogger has paws of clay and can’t do wetness or damp, or puddles, or more than 70% cloud cover. She did agree to a walk later but she was not wanting to do any walk-a-thons. Maybe she should eat a donut.

I think the burn wants to donuts, it’s not all me, it’s the burn. The burn needs donuts. I think the sugar is good for the healing process. For real.

They are healthy donuts. More than half of them are blueberry cake donuts, instead of those unhealthy fried donuts that Krispy Kream usually produces, so I am getting fruit too and fruit is good for us. True, I also picked out some frosted donuts but I prefer to think about those blueberry ones, besides, the frosted donuts are gone.

1 comment:

eduth said...

Did you read "For Better or For Worse" in today's N&O?