Monday, July 27, 2009

To- Do List

I am going on vacation!. Going being  the operative word. I'm still here but the clock is ticking. I have so far packed my things, went book shopping for the trip (three days in the back "seat" of a pick up with two cats and a dog) I should  have also gone tranq shopping. I've gathered the animals belongings, paid off the lawn guy to take care of my yard while I'm gone and done a lot of laundry. Whew.

And I'm not done yet. The house is awful, and I can't come back to find it in this same state. I'm going to have to do a cleaning before I leave so that I am not welcomed home by a dirty house, it's has always been my dream that someday we will all have elves or fairies or something that will clean our homes and mow our lawns for us without making us feel guilty or expecting to be paid. We're Americans, we deserve this.

Anyway,   I also have a list for work too, I need to order and make copies and make sure the nice woman who is going to be doing my job and can actually do it. We've had some clinics on how to do it, but she's not really ready yet. This year it is just the one and not all seven and that's a relief. To everyone. They hated it last year, the whining and complaining they did for what amounted to sitting in my chair for two days, not even consecutive days! Two days out of three weeks and they carried on like they had been sent to the salt mines. It's not that bad.

But. I can't get too stressed about it. I mean, I am and I will get stressed about it but there isn't really anything I can do about it now.  But, Monday? I'm giving her the tour. This is where the white envelopes live, this is the box for the manila envelops, this is where the labels are, this is where the rubber bands are, this is where the mailing slips are... I'm hoping the fact that all of these things are within a foot of each other makes it easier for her.  There are other things, this is when you take the mail down, this is where the mail goes...

And that doesn't even go into how to operate the phone and how to tell if the call is for me or for others or for the 800 number, last year they were all very confused by the phone. I tried to explain it before I left but they thought they knew how to make it work because we all have the same system, well, not really. I'm so low on the totem pole that most people don't even notice what I do. Oh, well, they'll notice when I'm not there to do it.

No comments: