Sunday, July 5, 2009

Grumble

Yeah. Back to work.

Friday was fun. I didn't do anything. I was a very bad dog mommy and blew off Doggers 5:45 walk and then painfully over taxed her later by taking her on  long walks downtown because I was bored with our shorter walks around the neighborhood. Bad Diana.

She survived and I went shopping  later on with Alphagal and her her Mom. I didn't buy anything though, Good Diana.

My big work was finishing the sixth Harry Potter, as I know it now  Harry Potter and the 550 pages of relationship drama before the sixty pages of actual plot advancement, then I started on the seventh book where more happens in the first three pages than occurred in the entire fifth book. I finished that one Sunday afternoon and now I'm going to start on the earlier books, hopefully finishing the series before the movie comes out on the 14th. It's good to set goals.

That leaves Saturday.  Up early and then off to The Eno River Festival with Alphagal, Broskey, the little people and Alphagals Mom. It was really fun and I was able to pick up some nic art items. Socks, I bought socks, tie died socks. But really nice tie died socks, not even kind of I-Went-To-A- Phish concert and I checked, not a whiff of patchouli either, I also got a new bird for my collection, a stuffed bird! so I don't have to worry about it. It's  kind of triangular. It's very pretty, it looks like a 3D quilt piece. After all that I came home and fed all the little animals and walked Dogger and then went back to Alphagal and Broskeys for barbecue and fireworks.

Sunday I slept and read Harry Potter. Do I have to go back to work?  Speaking of work. I want to share the best obit ever.

She spent the bulk of her career working at a major, but administratively Machiavellian university. Upon her retirement she celebrated for two solid months before become physically exhausted due to be overly overjoyed. After retirement she found employment with a company that values its employees and treats them with genuine respect. Linda was so overwhelmed by such professional treatment she offered to work there for free

The lady was hardcore to the end. May she rest in peace.

No comments: