Sunday, September 20, 2009

Emmy Awards results 2009
(I stay awake so you don't have to)

(8:00) Doogies' song is not making me happy. He  can  sing  but... Not a win. He does look nice in his white dinner jacket, yes, gentlemen you can wear white after labor day.

Comedy Awards

Best Supporting Actress - (8:10) Kristin Chenowith, Pushing Daisies YAY!!!

I would have been happy with most of the nominees but I really wanted her to win. If you didn't watch PD and lets face it, you did not,  if you had watched it, it would still be on TV. It's on DVD and you should Netflix it. You should have watched it when it was on TV but... Anyway, I'm glad she won.

Outstanding Writing in a Comedy Series - (8:19)  30 Rock

Woo! Yay  30 Rock . It can't win enough. Love it.

Best Supporting Actor in a Comedy Series - (8:23)  Jon Cryer,  Two and a Half Men . Ew. Really? Loved him as Duckie, not fond of him as a Republican.

Its not the obnoxious time wasters from the show that are killing time, its the endless commercials.

Outstanding Lead Actress in a  Comedy Series - (8:32)  Toni Collette,  United States of Tara

Whatevs. Gossip Girl is  really a TV show? I did not know that. I'm old. I don't have to.

Outstanding Direction in a Comedy Series (8:40) - Jeffery Blitz, The Office

The Cowboys are down by 3.  Have I mentioned that I don't think its great that "competitive" Kaitlyn gave her loser brother a hotel? Kaitlyn needs to man up.

Outstanding Lead Actor in a Comedy Series -  Alec Baldwin,  30 Rock.

Tonight is the Loren Michael's appreciation awards. He's been mentioned more than  30 Rock. Is he dieing or something? I hope not.

Reality Awards.

(8:53) I could care less. I call this the portion of the evening where I take the dog out to pee and  then vacuum up the remains of Doggers most recently destroyed toy. I would wait, but Reality.


Touch down Cowboys! Woo. Now that's what I can reality TV. Woo! "Watching" results on my new phone. So cool. Less woo, TD Giants. Oops. I  was away too long, the Awards show started without me and got back to scripted programming.

Mini-Series Awards

Outstanding Actress Mini-Series/Made for TV movie -  Talented Iranian actress House of Sadam
Outstanding Supporting Actor  Mini-Series/Made for TV movie - Ken Howard,  Gray Gardens

Cowboys!  The fuck. These are The Giants. Come on! Giants up by 6.

Outstanding Lead Actor in a Mini-Series - Brendon Gleason, Into the storm

The gowns are not impressing me. Prom gowns circa 1986.

Outstanding Writing Mini-Series - Andrew Davis,  Little Dorit. I would also assume, Dickens also gets a statue, maybe the estate gets it.

Outstanding Directing Mini-Series - Davila Walsh,  Little Dorit, pt. 1

Accountants explaining "counting". Ohhh. Dr. Horrible instead. Okay. Cool. It would have been significantly less cool if Doogie had made an appearance. The nights young and he does have a long resume.

Cowboys up by 1! Whoop!

Outstanding  Lead Actress in A Mini-Series/Made for TV Movie - (9:31) Jessica Lang,  Gray Gardens.

Thanks to CBS relentless humping of its shows during the commercial breaks I have learned that there isn't anything on the network I am going to watch.

Outstanding Mini- Series/Made for TV Movie -  (9:40) Gray Gardens.
Outstanding Mini-Series - (9:42)  Little Dorit

I can't tell the difference between Mini-Series and Mini-Series Made for TV Movie.

Variety/Musical/Comedy Awards

Outstanding  Directing Variety/Musical/Comedy -(9:48) Bruce Cowers,  American Idol
Outstanding Writing Varity/Musical/Comedy - (9:52) The Daily Show

Cowboys!? Come on! Are you kidding?

Time waste with Tommy Fallen .

Outstanding Variety/Musical/Comedy Special - 81st Academy Awards Opening number.
Outstanding Variety/Music/Comedy Series -(10:06) The Daily Show

Drama Awards

Outstanding Supporting Actor - Michael Emmerson, Lost
Outstanding Supporting Actress - Cherry Jones, 24
Outstanding Guest Actress in a Drama - Ellen Burston, Law & Order Special Victims Unit
Outstanding Guest Actor in a Drama - Micheal J. Fox,  Rescue Me
Outstanding Director Drama - Rod Holcomb, ER
Outstanding Writing for  Drama - Mad Men
Outstanding Lead Actress in a Drama -(10:39) Glenn Close,  Damages
Outstanding Lead Actor  in a Drama - (10:46) Bryan Cranston,  Breaking Bad

What  again? Come on! What does Hugh Laurie have to do to win this award? It's just not fair.

What  is  fair? Cowboys up by 4!

Giants over the Cowboys 33-31. Blergh.

Outstanding Comedy Series - 30 Rock  Woo!!!
Outstanding Drama Series -  (10:58)  Mad Men

No comments: