Friday, September 4, 2009

Face Blergh

Today I posted this as my Facebook status

No one should die because they cannot afford health care, and no one should go broke because they get sick. If you agree, please post this as your status for the rest of the day

I wasn't the only one, it was a meme and it even hit Wonkette. It was not a big deal. I support health care reform. Period. Well. I  cut and pasted it from another FB friend who all ready had it as her status, posted it and went back to work - about ten minutes later I got a message from yet another friend apologizing for some post she made to my wall.

The Hell? I thought, and I went to go check this out.

Yeah. One of my old  soccer team friends took offence to a positive view on health care reform and spewed right-wing hate all over my page. The other girl had responded in horror and instead of backing off, right-wing hag just kept going. It was not pretty. I finally waded in and responded to a long winded rant about the constitution with "Whatever". It was meant to stop the madness. Fine. I thought we were done. I was.

No. Right-wing hag responded with "Diana, you are better than whatever!" and then  repeated more of her relevant constitutional bull shit  I haven't spoken to this woman in twenty-nine years, who the hell is she to tell me how I should respond to her spew? I mean really! I was all ready to  get all You don' know me beyotch!  The other girl responded back and then I did and ultimately, I decided to end the circus by responding to the hag with : I completely disagree with you but I respect your right to have your opinion.  Donesky. I wanted to say "You are wrong and stupid. DIAF".

The good thing was that after she put her ugly spew on my page the Good Guys came to the rescue and posted many, many responses in support of  health care reform! It was great. And? I noticed a couple of more No one should die... statusi. I started off  pissed and defensive and then ended up feeling all warm and fuzzy.

No comments: