Thursday, September 3, 2009

Happy Birthday to Me!

I got some neat stuff for my birthday. Broskey, Alphagal and my parents were very generous and thoughtful and got me just about everything on my list including things I hadn't thought of.  I got something from everyone but me. I fixed that.


How sexy is that? Now, true, I didn't buy new, I live on a budget after all and these puppies are pricey. But. I got a Kitchen Aid Stand Mixer and it is the awesome. And do you know that you can get a universe of stuff for it?  It's like a train set for women.

I did initially want one in a color, they come in all the colors and I thought it would be neat to have one in blue or yellow or orange - it's going to have to sit on the counter so it should make a statement, but the colorful ones don't come up used on ebay for some reason. There was a lovely pine green one that I really wanted but it got expensive really fast and I had to let it go.  There was a  used pink one and a yellow one came up too, but neither of them came with all the parts and they were $50 more to start so  they never went past "watch" status. My machine is a boring white model but it comes with all its parts and it works and I got it for $100! I'm thinking that since it's kind of a blank slate that I can build on that. I'm thinking either cool stickers or beige appliance paint to match my large appliances.

I'm so excited! I knew I wanted one of my own after I borrowed Alphagals last fall for Operation Dog Cookie and I fell in love. Alphagal is also the one who turned me on to the idea of getting a used model. I had thought I was going to have to look everywhere forever for a sale or suck it up and buy a new one - Not likely. I could have waited for the gift fairy but I don't feel comfortable saying Dear Santa, bring  me a  $356 mixer. In robins' egg blue or mint green or bright yellow or burnt orange.   I just don't think I could do that

And now I don't have to!

Dear Santa, 

Please bring me toys for my toy.

That I feel totally comfortable with.

No comments: