Monday, October 12, 2009

Food for thought

About an hour ago I sat down and said Okay. Lets do this! Woo-Hoo! Entryrama! and then after the initial euphoria wore off I started to think Hmm. I'm not hungry right now but you know? I bet I will be later. I really needed to do something about this!  what if I got hungry in a couple of hours and there was nothing to snack on?! This could be traumatic. I don't want to be traumatized.

I thought Hm. I'll just go to the donut place. but then I started to remember that I'm pretty sure I told myself once upon a time that if I wanted a donut that I would have to ride my bike to the donut place and looking at the clock, I saw that while I would get there in the light I would be riding home in the dark and I am not that dedicated. I see a guy leaving on his bike every morning when I walk Dogger and I always think Wow. Its O'Gawd thirty in the morning and he's going somewhere in the dark. He's going to get hit by a truck. Every morning, so far he hasn't but,  this area is rife with garbage trucks and they don't care. You can tell. Not an emphatic screw in their chassis. Not friendly.

Anyway.

I'm still thinking about getting hungry. I say Okay. I'm not riding to the donut place, how about walking to the gas station? and then I remember the gas station is an asshole and I'm boycotting them because the worker guy was rude to me and they over charge for gas.

Not walking. Where can I drive? I start thinking about the grocery stores in the area. I feel like I was just at Kroger so I don't want to go there, I've been to the Food Lion less recently but the parking situation can be annoying under the best of circumstances so I don't want to go there and the other Food Lion is too far away  if I'm not going to either of those it means that I would have to go on a field trip to a Grocery Store That I have Never Been To and while there is a virgin grocery store nearish to me it is further away than the Food Lion I rejected because it was too far away and if I am field tripping to a grocery store I like to have more time to explore. I am so old my idea of an adventure is making a trip to grocery store I haven't been to before.

Before I go to Kroger I remember I actually need something at the store so I feel better about going out for no reason, I also think for about two seconds about going through the coupons I got today but then I didn't - so now I can't look at the coupons for a couple of days because I know they are full of discounts on things I bought full price. I know this, it is inevitable.

I went to the Kroger and rushed home, because you know I'm going to get hungry any minute now and  I wanted to get to preparing my snack. I'm still not hungry, but I'm totally willing to fake it in front of the food.

No comments: