Thursday, October 1, 2009

Insert Title Here

Oh, look Thursday! who would have thunk it?

I like Thursday because there is actually something on TV that I want to watch. I should amended that, there is something on network TV that I want to watch.

Did you know that next week is Customer Service Week? I bet you didn't. I bet you didn't care either. I did not care when I learned yesterday and I can assure you that next week while we "celebrate" CSW, I will care even less. I plan spending the weekend learning self hypnosis so I can get through our daily customer service video presentation without it turning into a blood bath - I have a co-worker who is too chicken to actually killer self so she is goading the rest of us into doing it for her. If I was a nicer I would help her out. Lovely woman. We are also spending the week "playing" a "game" based on a reality show. I'm so happy I could almost cough blood.

Last year we spent a week with Lilly Tomlin's operator character.  I hate that character now. A lot. These things don't make me want to serve our customers, by video five they made me want to kill our customers. CSW kills by desire to help in half hour increments, by the end of the week I'm growling at people.  I don't think that that is what Customer Service Week is about.

I also don't think that it is the most politic move when you are dealing with people who aren't going to get a raise for at least the next two years. They did this to us at the employee recognition lunch too. They served us cold sandwiches and told us that the customer was always right, and by that same theme, we are  always wrong. And rude. It did not add to the recognition-y atmosphere and we did not feel appreciated. I felt much more appreciated in years past when they served us lukewarm pizza and kept their mouths shut about what rude bastards we are.

The customer is always rude. And crazy. And in most cases, lying, if you aren't going to give me a raise, why don't you empathize with me? Admit that we  deal with irrational, demanding, entitled whack jobs!Throw me a bone about how difficult our "customers" are. Normal people don't deal with the state,  smart people don't know our number, sane people don't have us on speed dial .

No comments: