Friday, October 9, 2009

TGIF


This is the Best Friday Evar. Do you know why? Because today marks the End of Customer Appreciation Week!!!!!. We have "celebrated" this by spending the last half hour of each day watching a video that assumes that we are rude, stupid and unprofessional. Every day. For a week.

It's been a real moral builder for one and all and we're also playing a "game" modeled on a reality show and every morning we gets "hints" in the form of riddles that have almost nothing to do with the answer. My team is losing. There really isn't anything I like more than spending my time losing competitions and watching videos about improving my customer service skills. I have really no direct contact with the public at all and what little contact I do have is over the telephone and I can tell you that no one gives better phone than me. I am the nicest person ever, ask anyone who has ever called me. I care.

It would be one thing if there was say a problem with our customer service but there isn't and there hasn't been. The whole obnoxious thing is the fault of our new secretary. The new guy they brought in because they keep killing people in the mental hopsitals and the whole very expensive mental health reform project failed so spectacularly... so here we are, not even in a position to kill people and we get a whole week of custumer service videos. He's going to stop the killing by making customer service a priority for the division. They kill people at the mental hospitals and we get hectored about our customer service skills.

I don't think they make videos about not killing patients. I'm going with that they don't make those videos because its too niche-y. And nasty. No one wants to have on their resume a script that instructed mental health technicians to disregard the overwhelming desire to kill the patients, even though it must be paralyzing. I bet they would sell a lot of them though. You do have to have an in service every-time it happens and the same dry lecture from a cop gets easy to ignore. I mean once they have read you your rights the first time, are you really listening the next time?

My customer service skills would improve if just once some one in authority would say Yes. The callers are rude and in many cases crazy and in all cases, entitled oh, and most of them are nothing more than poor white trash who just want to sue the facility because Grandma didn't leave them any money. The End. But. It's our job to listen to them and let them vent and let them get their story out. Be nice. That would be just about all we would need. But no. We suck. All week we've been told we suck - It is not making me more polite.

No comments: