Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Tuesday

I'm not loving the cold and wet we're having but on the upside it's seems to have lulled the wasps back to sleep.

My plan for this evening was to start on the Great Dog Christmas Cookie Project 2009. Last year I did not have a good time and the spirit of being annoyed annoyed is not the best spirit to be in when you are trying to be festive. , I don't want that for this year. This year I have the Kitchen Aid and I will have a good time damn it. I'm going to put a Santa hat on the mixer.

Speaking of cookies, I was going to start, tonight, something light, no complicated add ins or worries about dough texture or consistency - Milk cookies, the tried and true standby by. These are going to be colored red and green and I'm pretty sure they are going to be larger than the other cookies, because I just decided that they would be larger  cookies than the others and that dogs totally care about what color and size their dog treats are. I thought it would be a good idea to start banking cookies as early as possible so I can over think the details at my leisure. I've  always got a lot of dog cookie over thinking to do this time of year and I don't want to be pressured.

Anyway. You can't make milk dog cookies if you don't have milk or as it is in Aunt Cookies Kitchen, powered milk. Kroger doesn't sell powered milk and if they do they hide it quite proficiently. I had to go to another grocery. Food Lion came through. I could have bought it at Sam's but there is only so much of it I could possibly use ever and since a bad experience with old powered milk years ago taught me, even powered milk can go bad.

I went and got my milk and came home and had every intention of rolling up my sleeves and powering up the mixer and getting the cookie project started. And I had no flour. The good news is that Kroger does sell flour. I know what my errand du jour will be over lunch.

Something I did manage to get accomplished this weekend was cleaning another grotty closet.


before


after


Ta Da!

No comments: