Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Aunt Cookie Rides Again

Yea! I actually started on my Christmas dog cookies and its not even the December! If I'm good and moderately disciplined I can do one or two batches a week for the next two or three weeks and get all of them made and then be able to take it easy for the holidays, although I do see at least one batch of turkey shaped cookies for Thanksgiving looming in my future but I think I'll be able to handle it.

So far its just the one batch and its not even one of the "good" kind, its filler. 200 + tiny pink stars, to be paired with 200+ tiny green stars. I know I was going to go with larger bones for my red and green but I decided the stars would be better for the small dogs on my list and I have a slightly larger number of number of smaller dogs on the list this time around and I don't want to be disrpective of my small dogs. My big dogs can handle it. The regular bones are a leetle small for the big dogs and a leetle large for the small dogs but they are the perfect size for the cookie sheets so the cookie sheets win the toss.

I still need this week to make the green cookies and then I'm going to move onto the peanut butter and then the pumpkin/molasses and then cheese and then bacon and then I get to start on Christmas cards!  and I haven't even thought about the decorations and the lights and my growing Santa issue... I'm all ready tried and its not even Halloween yet. Remind me I have to ask off for New Years!

But back in the now. Guess what? My Raspberries produced!




Can you believe it? In October! I feel bad now, I have totally ignored the plant for months because it hasn't done anything since early in the summer and now it comes across with berries in October! It's a Halloween Miracle. Mayne I need to go visit the vegitables more often than I have been, maybe the tomatoes have decided to come ripe. it could happen, if I can get raspberries in October there is no reason I can't get tomatoes as well.

No comments: