Monday, October 5, 2009

Weekend

Well, I didn't really start off with any plans for the weekend, just some thoughts of Well, maybe if I remember I want to..., ya'll don't know how much stuff I've missed out on because I forgot I wanted to go and do it.  I totally need an appointment secretary.Anyway. I did end remembering that I wanted to get to the Farmers Market to pick up pumpkins and generally soak up some Autumnal spirit. It's hard to embrace the whole fall gestalt when you're still wearing shorts. I decided to remedy that.

My visit to the  Farmers Market. I had a really good time and kept my yearly perfect pumpkin angst to a minimum. It helped that this year I decided that I was going to go to one outlet get a pumpkin or pumpkins and not run all over town stressing about it and letting my neurosis control me. No, no, no. One stop. Get in, get out.

And I did. I did touch  every pumpkin at the market, but I got my pumpkins. One white, one orange and one green. I want a multiculti display. Did you know they may beige pumpkins? I could have done a Halloween themedBennington ad. But I didn't. I was self - control girl. Also? Any pumpkin that is not an orange  pumpkin is not a cheap pumpkin. Lesson learned. I didn't take anything away form this lesson because I still bought un-ornage pumpkins but maybe you can learn from it.

But before I went pumpkin-ing, I went  downtown and visited Moore Square to check out  a dog fair. It was very fun and I scored a neat water bottle. I kind of wanted to take Dogger but there were dogs everywhere and Dogger is a bad dog magnet. They all seemed to be very mellow, very sweet dogs but that was because they didn't have a chance to dog-pile Dogger. I had a swell time .

Still later on, I went to the  24th International Festival of Raleigh, it was fun and filling. I would have taken more pictures but my camera battery, since replaced was dieing and it wasn't letting me do my thing. I'm still pretty happy with what I got.

No comments: